ADVERTISEMENT

Any word on the allotment sales?

Nashville is a fun town...you'll have a great time. Will you be able to join us at the Purple Party?
Unfortunately no because I will be with a large contingent of family members who live in Kentucky and are big Kentucky fans. I will definitely be there next year.

Unfortunately no because I will be with a large contingent of family members who live in Kentucky and are big Kentucky fans. I will definitely be there next year.
Bring 'em! Florida will take their fee and then direct them to that room where the restaurant owner is having his private bash. A win for all concerned.

Bring 'em! Florida will take their fee and then direct them to that room where the restaurant owner is having his private bash. A win for all concerned.

I would probably take their fee and invite them to stay and eat with us. We will have lots of food. The Kentucky fans I have met on my frequent trips to Louisville have been some pretty nice folks, despite the fact that my family are hard-core University of Louisville fans.

Yeah I think like 8k is my guess. We will see.

And agree Glide, we are doing allotment too but it's a screwy deal.

Good points about the Vandy game being nicer weather and a Saturday night...but this is also the week after Christmas & on a Friday...on the heels of a 7-win streak, with a shot at 10 wins. I think 7500+ is a fair guess, especially since we had 10k in NYC in the freezing cold on a Wednesday afternoon last year.

FWIW, my tickets arrived today (NU allotment). I ordered through a friend with a decent number of priority points, so we got our requests in before the pre-general sales deadline. Our seats ended up being two full sections away our requested section. That's a bummer because the seats are worse than we'd hoped for, but I guess it suggests that sales aren't too bad. I'd also estimate that about half of the people I know who will be at the game are purchasing through the secondary market.

6-10k NU fans still seems like a safe bet, and I'd guess it'll be in the mid to high end of that range. Anyone else have any info?

I'm purchasing through the secondary market. I can get right next to the allotment at a much cheaper price. I know it doesn't help the school, but I'm already spending a ton of money to get my family down there. I'd prefer to have better seats for cheaper.

FWIW, my tickets arrived today (NU allotment). I ordered through a friend with a decent number of priority points, so we got our requests in before the pre-general sales deadline. Our seats ended up being two full sections away our requested section. That's a bummer because the seats are worse than we'd hoped for, but I guess it suggests that sales aren't too bad. I'd also estimate that about half of the people I know who will be at the game are purchasing through the secondary market.

6-10k NU fans still seems like a safe bet, and I'd guess it'll be in the mid to high end of that range. Anyone else have any info?
Yeah I'd take the over on 7k and the under on 10k probably. Should be a respectable showing, if not overwhelming.

Agree with those expecting ~8k NU fans. Would be great to push closer 10k (I'd guess we came close in New York last year). Just wondering if someone has any hard info on any of this. An anecdote in another thread suggested that our lower bowl allotment sales along the sidelines may be in pretty decent shape, as the poster has been relegated to the corner of the end zone....which would mean the better seats have sold.

Think we will be on the high end of that range.
Hopefully we blow through it. A great showing will help us bigly for next year’s bowl selection following what could be a magical season, assuming Thorson stays and the OL blocks for him all season.

One of my buddies ordered tickets through the allotment, but I don’t think he’s got a ton of priority points. So I may purchase a couple of better seats closer to gameday and give us options to move around the stadium.

Hopefully we blow through it. A great showing will help us bigly for next year’s bowl selection following what could be a magical season, assuming Thorson stays and the OL blocks for him all season.

One of my buddies ordered tickets through the allotment, but I don’t think he’s got a ton of priority points. So I may purchase a couple of better seats closer to gameday and give us options to move around the stadium.

Agree, though 8-10k wouldn't be too bad at all -- larger than our student body! And our bowl crowds are typically loud.

Reactions: HappyNUyear
Phillips said tonight on the basketball broadcast that NU has sold almost all of its allotted 8,000 tickets.

That's great to hear, but I do wonder what "almost" means. Did he elaborate at all? Let's say, for sake of argument, we've sold 6,500 allotment tickets (that's kinda in "almost" range). If you include the folks buying through Ticketmaster, StubHub, Vivid, etc, I think getting to 8-10k NU fans there is totally realistic.

We purchased our block of 16 thru the allotment. Club level seats in Section 237 (based on the seatgeek chart, the seats are very similar to our regular block of seats at Ryan Field). Looking forward to a week away and meeting many of you at the Purple Party...

Reactions: FloridAlum
I hear the number was 8500 and they had about 1000 left
That would be quite impressive if true. Selling that many through the allotment I think would imply more than 10k overall. Maybe more like 12-14k. I retract my suggestion of a 7.5-10k range...

That would be quite impressive if true. Selling that many through the allotment I think would imply more than 10k overall. Maybe more like 12-14k. I retract my suggestion of a 7.5-10k range...

Yeah, if we've sold 7500 (that may include people who've 'donated' tickets) through the school, I'd bet we'll have 10,000 fans in the building. I'm not sure if we'll get up to 12k (a la first outback bowl), but it'll be quite respectable.

Last edited:
The other thing to remember was the last time we played Vandy in Nashville, our fans dominated noise-wise. Very good turn-out. I bought season tickets to Vandy that year so I was in what was supposed to be a Vandy section. We overran it. I actually felt sorry for the Vandy fans as they were clearly uncomfortable with the noise level.

I was at that game. Speaking of noise levels, the infamous "never-ending horn" episode took place that evening.

Yeah, if we've sold 7500 (that may include people who've 'donated' tickets) thfhiugh the school, I'd bet we'll have 10,000 fans in the building. I'm not sure if we'll get up to 12k (a la first outback bowl), but it'll be quite respectable.
I would take the over on 10k if we've sold 7.5k through the allotment. By a pretty decent amount.

I bought 50 yard line seats on the secondary market but also bought a pair from the allotment-has NU mailed those tickets yet ?

I would take the over on 10k if we've sold 7.5k through the allotment. By a pretty decent amount.

What I heard today was that all club level sections except for one have sold out & that downstairs sales have also been good. They didn't have exact totals, but it wouldn't surprise me if these clues and anecdotes all added up to 6500-7500 sold/donated through the allotment. Then a few thousand more through secondary market.

I am glad to have club level with this forecast. Weather forecast now is 1-3 inches of snow. Think i’ll Be ducking into that covered lounge area a few times.
If it snows, I will be taking the train in rather than driving. Nashvillians do not do so well with snow driving. We all have 4WD pick-up trucks so we think we are invincible.

If it snows, I will be taking the train in rather than driving. Nashvillians do not do so well with snow driving. We all have 4WD pick-up trucks so we think we are invincible.

I thought that was just an Alaska thing. I always find it interesting to note that most of the vehicles off the road in the ditch following a snow/ice storm are 4WD pick-up trucks. (Part of the problem is they are not well balanced. You will see savvy drivers keep the beds of their pick-ups loaded with sandbags to add some measure of stability and added traction.)

The problem with inexperienced 4WD drivers is they forget that it doesn't stop any sooner than 2WD.

According to the forecast, the air temperature will still be above freezing, so the snow won't be sticking much.

I just got my tickets from NU allotment-Section 136 between 40-50 yardline . They may become available since I have tickets jn Section 135

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT