ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone know Jerry Reinsdorf or Rocky Wirtz?

shakes3858

Aug 28, 2009
News reports say Jerry Reinsdorf owns the Bulls and White Sox and Wirtz owns the Blackhawks.

Wirtz is NU class of '75 with a Communications Major. Reinsdorf went to NU Law School.

If you know either, please let them know I am willing and available to attend Bulls or Blackhawks games free of charge in order to provide analysis and feedback to the team owners and execs regarding the fan experience. It's the least I can do for a fellow alum. I'm not willing to go to a White Sox game.

If any of you do happen to know Jerry Reinsdorf, tell him I hate him with every ounce of my being as a White Sox fan. I really, truly hate him

If any of you do happen to know Jerry Reinsdorf, tell him I hate him with every ounce of my being as a White Sox fan. I really, truly hate him
Look, we're all friends here. You don't have to sugar coat things. How do you really feel about ole Jerry R?

He's 80. 10 years give or take until Mark Cuban buys the Sox. Do the math
Does Reinsdorf own the Sox by himself? I know for the Bulls, Reinsdorf is the managing partner of a group of investors that bought an ownership stake. I believe he owns about 19% them. I was working under the assumption that the White Sox situation was the same.

I don't know how the deal is structured, and what would happen upon Reinsdorf stepping down and or dying, but my guess is the other investors would buy up the 19% from Reinsdorf's kids, and they'll name a new managing partner from among the group. There could be a provision that upon Reinsdorf's death, the company is sold to the highest bidder to prevent some sort of in fighting, share buy up... Or the kids could sell the shares in one team, use the proceeds to pay the estate taxes (makes me sick) and keep the other team.

Does Reinsdorf own the Sox by himself? I know for the Bulls, Reinsdorf is the managing partner of a group of investors that bought an ownership stake. I believe he owns about 19% them. I was working under the assumption that the White Sox situation was the same.

I don't know how the deal is structured, and what would happen upon Reinsdorf stepping down and or dying, but my guess is the other investors would buy up the 19% from Reinsdorf's kids, and they'll name a new managing partner from among the group. There could be a provision that upon Reinsdorf's death, the company is sold to the highest bidder to prevent some sort of in fighting, share buy up... Or the kids could sell the shares in one team, use the proceeds to pay the estate taxes (makes me sick) and keep the other team.

A few years ago the Tribune had a pretty good article about the ownership structures of the five pro teams in Chicago. The Sox situation is a bit murky, but JR claims he has total control over selling the Sox and is on record as saying he's encouraged his family to do so when he passes on. So there's hope on the horizon for Sox fans, which includes me.

No, he is just the managing partner (maybe owns 10% that he did not pay for) . He pulled together the investment group that bought them

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT