ADVERTISEMENT

Athlon names NU one of the top 15 teams on the rise in college football

Interesting that Northwestern and Penn State were the only team featured from the B1G. I guess it's a bit early to be promoting the Minnesota Flecks.

Reactions: nickcat4
Interesting that Northwestern and Penn State were the only team featured from the B1G. I guess it's a bit early to be promoting the Minnesota Flecks.
PSU considered a rising team? Weren't they already near the top of BIG East? Their definition of rise is pretty loose.

PSU considered a rising team? Weren't they already near the top of BIG East? Their definition of rise is pretty loose.

True, but by whatever measure, that's not a bad way to be viewed. Beats the hell out of the alternative, anyway. :cool:

It depends on the destined goal: perennial contender, higher ranked recruiting classes, playoffs (which in retrospect they should have been there last year), and National Championships. All things considered, they're in a good place.

I feel like every 2-3 years NU is on a "team on the rise" list
That is because we tend to but I would say it is closer to every 4 years.. With our recruiting handicaps we tend to oscillate between 5 and 10 wins. 5-6 wins when we are restocking and 8-10 when we have a more upper class loaded team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT