ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Awards in the offing for CT, JJTBC, and Dickerson?

Alaskawildkat

Gold Member
Dec 29, 2005
Having set a new career record with a 209.2 QB Rating that included 370 yards, two touchdowns, 23 of 30, and no interceptions CT seems deserving of Offensive Player of the Week. JJTBC with his 3 TDs and 121 yards on 18 Carries presents a good case for Co-Offensive Player of the Week. Perhaps the B1G ought to just make it Tri-Offensive Player and include Dickerson with his career high 150 yards of receiving on 9 receptions.

Matt Alviti's 68 yard run from scrimmage, which was the longest of the season for the Wildcats seems award worthy as well.

Although the Wildcats did not set a new total offense record, their 9.2 yards per play set a new school record.

Apart from the close to 80% 3rd down number (8 for 11) the other notable team statistic contrasted to last week was the almost equal time of possession with the Cats at 30.05 and BGSU at 29.55 evidencing that this time the Offense stepped up to keep the Defense off the field.

Having set a new career record with a 209.2 QB Rating that included 370 yards, two touchdowns, 23 of 30, and no interceptions CT seems deserving of Offensive Player of the Week. JJTBC with his 3 TDs and 121 yards on 18 Carries presents a good case for Co-Offensive Player of the Week. Perhaps the B1G ought to just make it Tri-Offensive Player and include Dickerson with his career high 150 yards of receiving on 9 receptions.

Matt Alviti's 68 yard run from scrimmage, which was the longest of the season for the Wildcats seems award worthy as well.

Although the Wildcats did not set a new total offense record, their 9.2 yards per play set a new school record.

Apart from the close to 80% 3rd down number (8 for 11) the other notable team statistic contrasted to last week was the almost equal time of possession with the Cats at 30.05 and BGSU at 29.55 evidencing that this time the Offense stepped up to keep the Defense off the field.
Agree that a 200+ QB rating puts CT on track for that award. JJTBC is a victim of his own success and will probably not get such recognition as this is expected of him. Excellent that he got back on track. DIckerson's breakout is probably the most noteworthy but possibly was facilitated by a specific match-up with BGSU that the coaches saw on film.

I was hoping to see Alviti's run on some highlights but have not yet. He deserves the recognition.

I'd like to see Alviti play more in situations where Thorson needs a rest or a reset. Like after a big hit or something. I think, now that he is healthy, he has some skills that Defenses would be surprised by for a series or two. I'm not advocation alternating, it is just I have seen times over the years where our QB is getting banged around and I think a series off, not as punishment of judgment, would allow a little coaching and time for clarity for the starter while introducing a new look.

Let's wait and see. I suspect we will see that - and when the opposing D packs the box to stop his running, I look forward to him passing for big gains.

I was actually pleased to see Thor run the ball a couple of times. There's always a risk of an injury, but he is not a porcelain doll. He has good running ability

They played awesome, but rough week for us award-wise. Hornibrook was very solid on the road against BYU (apparently he is much better than I thought) and dOSU RB went off on Army for 170+ yards.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT