ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Portal

Indiana convinced Luke Goode to transfer there from Illinois.
I'm assuming he is the solution to the 3 point shooting.
On paper, he isn't as good a player as Oumar Ballo, but the guy rates Goode as a B+, while Ballo is a B.

Personally, I think you need two outside shooters in the 40% range to be happy.
Since they did not have even one, Goode was a big get but Ballo was just a duplicate of something they already had and did not need another

Since they did not have even one, Goode was a big get but Ballo was just a duplicate of something they already had and did not need another
Best wishes to Goode. He got his degree in three years and now has a chance to get a bag he wasn’t going to get at Illinois. His uncle is former Indiana quarterback Trent Green.

Same with Hawkins. He played four years and got his degree. No one begrudges him making money. Illinois had to fill his position (Humrichous and Booth) as they couldn’t wait until after his NBA decision. Plus he wasn’t getting that kind of money at Illinois.

I like Illinois’ transfer class listed above, especially Humrichous. I consider European players to almost be transfers due to the competition they played. 7-1 Tomislav Ivisic (Croatia) succeeded in a top league and will be a 21- year-old freshman. 6-6 guard Kasparas Jakucionis (Lithuania) is a projected 1st round pick in 2025.

6-10 Morez Johnson is a top 30 recruit and is coming off a gold medal for the USA U18 national team. He had 17 rebounds in one of the games.

A recruit to watch is 5-star 6-9 Will Riley from Canada who is expected to announce for Illinois on Sunday.

Lots of new players so I don’t know how it will come together, but the talent is there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT