ADVERTISEMENT

B1G

Williesfan

Sep 24, 2009
Early in the season it looks as the bottom feeders are Ill and RU. At the top it appears to be OSU and PSU and possibly Wisky and Michigan will get there.

With Neb appearing to be an impending dumpster fire. Purdue and Maryland seem to be on the rise.How do you rank the rest of midlings.

Early in the season it looks as the bottom feeders are Ill and RU. At the top it appears to be OSU and PSU and possibly Wisky and Michigan will get there.

With Neb appearing to be an impending dumpster fire. Purdue and Maryland seem to be on the rise.How do you rank the rest of midlings.
Id put us in the middle but 1 upset away from a divisional crown or the basement

Why is Illinois a bottom feeder? They beat a decent western Kentucky team and only loss is on the road to a top 25 team (unlike Duke).

Western Kentucky lost their coach and most of the players that made them a good team last year. Ball State should have beaten them and South Florida is overrated (struggled mightily against poor opponents in their first two games) so yes, Illini are a bottom feeder until proven otherwise.

Western Kentucky was favored by 7 on the road in Illinois.

Not sure how you would conclude Illinois is a bottom feeder but NU wouldn't be. I'd equate Ball State to Nevada (could have lost), WK to BGU (nice win), Duke to USF (road blow out to a good team).

Personally I don't think with NU or Illinois is a bottom feeder.

W Kentucky was a really good team under Brohm. He left for Purdue and now Purdue's really good.

Hilltopper AD botched the hire and inked a Notre Dame assistant who supposedly was getting fired in a few days anyway.

WKU made a severe decline at head coach and the team has quickly followed suit. Vegas favored them by 7 over Illini because it wasn't yet known.

WKU just lost at home to Louisiana Tech 23-22, who got beat 57-21 at Mississippi State. They had a high powered offense under Brohm, now, not so much!

Why is Illinois a bottom feeder? They beat a decent western Kentucky team and only loss is on the road to a top 25 team (unlike Duke).
You are being kind. They are a very young team, starting something like 10-12 true freshman. the QB situation is unsettled too. Lovie is smartly going to take his lumps (a whoooollle lotta lumps!) this season in hopes of prepping a better future.

I do expect the Illini to improve with experience as the season progresses. The kids will grow up fast. They might very well give us a tough game come November. Right now, they are bad.

1 PSU
2 Wisconsin
3 Michigan
4 OSU

5 Maryland
6 Northwestern
7 Iowa

8 MSU
9 Minnesota
10 Nebraska
11 Purdue
12 Indiana

13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

I'm probably being slightly generous in giving us the benefit of the doubt there, and all of 5 through 12 really could end up in an entirely different order as little as 2 weeks from now once we start playing each other.

Purdue has impressed me. Iowa I think will struggle even though I have them at 7 because they've barely managed to not lose a game yet.

1 PSU
2 Wisconsin
3 Michigan
4 OSU

5 Maryland
6 Northwestern
7 Iowa

8 MSU
9 Minnesota
10 Nebraska
11 Purdue
12 Indiana

13 Illinois
14 Rutgers

I'm probably being slightly generous in giving us the benefit of the doubt there, and all of 5 through 12 really could end up in an entirely different order as little as 2 weeks from now once we start playing each other.

Purdue has impressed me. Iowa I think will struggle even though I have them at 7 because they've barely managed to not lose a game yet.

Yeah, tough to gauge this early, A terrific example is Minny, who has played absolutely no one (the best team they played, #92 Sagarin MTSU, was missing their stud starting QB, so that essentially was a walkover), so truly tough to tell if they are good or bad (all we know is that they are probably not atrocious).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT