ADVERTISEMENT

Back in the bottom 10

After the change in defensive coordinators and the upgrade at QB, with decent transfers and recruiting, I was expecting NU to bounce back this year. It could still happen, despite the defections. But my alma mater is like a mother who cheats on her husband and all of a sudden Skip Holtz is living in our house and we're supposed to call him "Dad."

No thanks.

I don’t know. I think it’s more of an Eden’s year (Interstate 94 Northwestern 0) than a Tri-State year (Interstate 294 Northwestern 0) like last year. I fully expect the Cats to crawl out of the bottom 10 and win 4 to 6 games.

Last edited:
(We never got our August free trial offer! I guess WR crew was distracted.)
I think Lou & Rivals wised up that certain moochers would sign up for only the free trial and then cancel it before the subscription kicked in.

Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free?

After the change in defensive coordinators and the upgrade at QB, with decent transfers and recruiting, I was expecting NU to bounce back this year. It could still happen, despite the defections. But my alma mater is like a mother who cheats on her husband and all of a sudden Skip Holtz is living in our house and we're supposed to call him "Dad."

No thanks.
Not sure I agree with you. But. i dare anyone on this board to write something funnier than that penultimate sentence.

Skip. can I borrow the car tonight?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Is Skip Holtz worth a game or two. If not, why àre we paying him? Athletic has o/u at 3.5. I'm usually wrong but I think 4 wins doanble

The Athletic has is at #99 in their recent list.
Yahoo! In the Top 100!

For no reason with all of the crap that has gone on, I feel a sense the team will perform better than expected. It might be with a fresh start with a new staff. It just seems the team underperformed the last 2 years with talent that has gone on to the NFL. Maybe the program became ossified in spite of all of the big bucks dropped on new facilities. It will be interesting to see if change at the top will have an impact or if the last 2 years with the recent program disruption is the gateway to a descent to a new Dark Ages period.

Reactions: NUCat320
The Athletic has is at #99 in their recent list.
Yahoo! In the Top 100!

For no reason with all of the crap that has gone on, I feel a sense the team will perform better than expected. It might be with a fresh start with a new staff. It just seems the team underperformed the last 2 years with talent that has gone on to the NFL. Maybe the program became ossified in spite of all of the big bucks dropped on new facilities. It will be interesting to see if change at the top will have an impact or if the last 2 years with the recent program disruption is the gateway to a descent to a new Dark Ages period.
Perform better than expected? That's called damning with faint praise. "You sweat less than any fat woman I know. '

If the team wins 3 games, it will beat my expectations. We could easily go 1-11 again. No lines and no depth. I'll be at the UTEP game, hoping for the best

Perform better than expected? That's called damning with faint praise. "You sweat less than any fat woman I know. '
@EvanstonCat , take note. This analogy is so much better than your “tallest midget” go to.

Hopefully, our offense is the least sweaty fat lady in the conference next year.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT