ADVERTISEMENT

Badger fans, I apologize

Your understanding is wrong, according to Mike Pereira who I'm going to consider a better rules source than you are.
ok. ok. Look at the other thread I created a half hour ago saying I was wrong and providing a reference.

Screw the punt call. Even if the TD was allowed that did not mean you would have won the game. There was plenty of time left and you can not predict what would have happened. So be quiet, drink some beer and drive safely back to your trailer park. GO CATS!!!!!

Reactions: Cat In The Cradle
I am always amazed at how fans without knowledge of the rules opine on how calls were in error. It is a good trait to know when you don't know something and listen to what the facts are. The punt return signal either was against the rules are not. I don't know, but Fitz and the refs felt pretty definite about it. When the catch happened in the end zone my wife asked me how the refs would call it and I said I didn't know - the rules have gotten pretty strict and they might call it off. The refs didn't job Wisconsin, they reviewed the replays and made decisions based on their knowledge of the rules. I doubt any of today's decisions end up being second guessed by the Big Ten rules officials.

Well, I definitely agree there.

Look, I'm happy NU got the win. I'm thrilled. Because a win and a dominating defensive performance is always fun. I just didn't feel good about the ending (though I definitely agree the first overturned TD at the end was the right call).
The only call that was not accoding to the rules was the non motion call on Wisky that should have ended the game. The Badgers can have fun in Detroit.

I did miss that. Thanks for posting that. I feel better. I've gone from thrilled but feeling guilty to just thrilled, but also a little gassy. That last part probably irrelevant.
Irrelevant to US, at our keyboards or on our smart phones. NOT irrelevant to those with you in the same room.

Reactions: olshin
Why don't you apologize to Justin Jackson for the head stomp by #48 that the refs missed?

#48 was an absolute punk. He was the one that shoulder checked Thorson 2 yards out of bounds then was in disbelief about the personal foul, then not only the head stomp (100% obviously intentional) but just prior to the stomp he put his hand on JJ's throat and used it to push himself up.

As has been stated, I just wish the game could be decided only on the field and not by refs.
This sentence does not compute. How was the game not decided on the field? The reversal of the first TD call was obvious. The reversal of the second was correct, in that two angles showed the ball pop out of control as he hit the ground and slid out of bounds. I agree the rule doesn't make a lot of sense, since in other cases the ground can't cause a fumble, but it CAN cause an incompletion.

In addition, as stated elsewhere the game should have been over with a 10 second runoff after the spike where no one was set.

I suppose you wouldn't have said the refs were deciding the game if they called Harris for a PI on the last play, because it seems like you were looking for a reason to hand the Cats an "L."

I get it. The offense was awful. But Wisconsin was worse on both O and D, aside from hitting a couple big passes. It felt weird to win at the end, particularly with the weird reffing, but it only seemed weird because they had to reverse calls that indisputably needed to be reversed.

Reactions: NUMBfan
H
This sentence does not compute. How was the game not decided on the field? The reversal of the first TD call was obvious. The reversal of the second was correct, in that two angles showed the ball pop out of control as he hit the ground and slid out of bounds. I agree the rule doesn't make a lot of sense, since in other cases the ground can't cause a fumble, but it CAN cause an incompletion.

In addition, as stated elsewhere the game should have been over with a 10 second runoff after the spike where no one was set.

I suppose you wouldn't have said the refs were deciding the game if they called Harris for a PI on the last play, because it seems like you were looking for a reason to hand the Cats an "L."

I get it. The offense was awful. But Wisconsin was worse on both O and D, aside from hitting a couple big passes. It felt weird to win at the end, particularly with the weird reffing, but it only seemed weird because they had to reverse calls that indisputably needed to be reversed.
Hey everyone, I said I was wrong. I bumped the other thread that references the actual rule I was incorrect about.

You have been victimized by some of the worst refereeing in history of college sports. Kind of a shallow victory for the Cats. Go drown your sorrows in beer and brats.

Do you write for InsideNU or something?

Get a life. CATS WIN, AND I WILL TAKE IT!!!!

They threw snowballs all game, including at their own cheerleaders, and I was told it is just apparently "a tradition."

It's a tradition for Sconnies to be classless idiots. After the Buckeyes (who lost today, hooray!), they are the worst and I hate them at least half as much as the Bucks. I thought it was cuz they wear red too, but no, I don't hate Rutgers (who are also classless idiots, but I just don't feel it) or Indiana. Nothing is better than beating Wisconsin (except beating the Bucks). I will take the win and love the fact that they got jobbed. Up yours Wisconsin!

Nothing is worse than losing to the Illini though, so don't eff it up next week! GO CATS

Reactions: Fitz51
I REALLY can't understand apologizing for a hard fought win. Are you really a wildcat fan? Just wondering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT