ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball

NJCat

Gold Member
Mar 8, 2016
North Carolina
Come from behind 5-3 win at Rutgers today, in a must win weekend series to secure a place in the B1G Tournament. Great start.

Come from behind 5-3 win at Rutgers today, in a must win weekend series to secure a place in the B1G Tournament. Great start.

Critical win as Maryland upset Minny on the road today to keep pace. Doubleheader tomorrow due to threat of rain on Sunday, so good chance we take two of three...

You going to the games?
Wish I could. Have my in-laws up here as my son is in his school play tonight and was last night as well...

Glad they're playing two today, though, tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 40s. Watching on BTN plus right now, up 2-0 in the 4th.

Wish I could. Have my in-laws up here as my son is in his school play tonight and was last night as well...

Glad they're playing two today, though, tomorrow is supposed to be in the mid 40s. Watching on BTN plus right now, up 2-0 in the 4th.
4-0 final. Cats keep rolling.

Yup. What a pitching masterpiece. Especially impressive since road games have been our kryptonite...

Will be tough to sweep the doubleheader as always, tho.

EDIT; yup, lost the final game 5-4. Still, taking 2 of 3 on the road moves them ahead of another team in the battle to make the BTT; in sole possession of 7th for the moment, and they will finish the weekend no worse than in sole possession of 8th, with 8 teams advancing...

EDIT: Maryland loses tonight, so we can now do no worse than a tie for 7th...

Last edited:
Reactions: Titanium999
EDIT; yup, lost the final game 5-4. Still, taking 2 of 3 on the road moves them ahead of another team in the battle to make the BTT; in sole possession of 7th for the moment, and they will finish the weekend no worse than in sole possession of 8th, with 8 teams advancing...

EDIT: Maryland loses tonight, so we can now do no worse than a tie for 7th...
Great season! I like our new coach

Maryland lost today, so now we are in sole possession of 7th!
Four teams competing for the 7th and 8th slots:

NU 10-11 play 13-8 Minny
RU 9-11 play 14-7 Indiana
OSU 9-12 play 7-13 Purdue
MD 9-12 play 12-9 Iowa

Cats ned to win at least 1 against Minny this weekend or they could be out. Cats and OSU have the easiest final series, RU the hardest against #2 IU. Impossible for me to guess the tie-breaker scenarios.

My gut tells me Cats get it done and make the Tournament.

Four teams competing for the 7th and 8th slots:

NU 10-11 play 13-8 Minny
RU 9-11 play 14-7 Indiana
OSU 9-12 play 7-13 Purdue
MD 9-12 play 12-9 Iowa

Cats ned to win at least 1 against Minny this weekend or they could be out. Cats and OSU have the easiest final series, RU the hardest against #2 IU. Impossible for me to guess the tie-breaker scenarios.

My gut tells me Cats get it done and make the Tournament.

Agreed, We're 11-5 at home and Minny is 9-11 on the road, And we own the tiebreaker over OSU and Rutgers. I like our chances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT