ADVERTISEMENT

BC v Fitz

IGNORE2

Mar 12, 2005
BC couldn't / wouldn't recruit, but took the bball program to a higher level and maintained it. After a dozen years, he was fired and CCC has accomplished achieving that next level.

Fitz can't / won't fire asst coaches, but brought our first bowl victory and has maintained a level of regular bowl appearances. He has been around about dozen years and shows no signs of changing nor delivering any championships.

Fitz is rah rah NU, alum and a great story. BC came off as distant, removed, stiff. Similar results but different personalities. Should the personality matter in high revenue, P5 sports. Fitz graduates everyone, so did BC. And nothing says another FB coach wouldn't.

Does HC have a football program?

BC never gave us a winning Big Ten season. Collins, this next level you speak of, had us in a 4-way tie for 5th with a 10-8 record. Fitz has delivered several winning Big Ten seasons, including a 6-2 season with a 75% winning percentage. I would kill for such a season in basketball. Fitz has us at your next level already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
BC never gave us a winning Big Ten season. Collins, this next level you speak of, had us in a 4-way tie for 5th with a 10-8 record. Fitz has delivered several winning Big Ten seasons, including a 6-2 season with a 75% winning percentage. I would kill for such a season in basketball. Fitz has us at your next level already.

Fitz started higher. Walker and Barnett did a little bit too....

Fitz can't / won't fire asst coaches, but brought our first bowl victory and has maintained a level of regular bowl appearances.

That first bowl victory was brought to us by Bob Voigts on January 1, 1949. It was in the Rose Bowl, with Northwestern appearing as the conference runner up. At that time, Fitz was still singing in the choir of the unborn.

Reactions: NJCat
That first bowl victory was brought to us by Bob Voigts on January 1, 1949. It was in the Rose Bowl, with Northwestern appearing as the conference runner up. At that time, Fitz was still singing in the choir of the unborn.

True - well before my time. Ok, first bowl victory since color TV.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT