ADVERTISEMENT

Best DL recruiting class ever for NU?

DaCat

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Earnest Brown, Sam Miller, Trevor Kent... I don't think NU has had a better recruiting class for defensive linemen in one haul. All three could potentially play as true freshmen next season, although not likely with the depth we have.

I'm very excited about these guys, especially Kent and Brown. I think both guys will be able to turn into every down DEs that can still bring the pass rush on 3rd down.

I'm very excited about these guys, especially Kent and Brown. I think both guys will be able to turn into every down DEs that can still bring the pass rush on 3rd down.

I totally agree and think this is by far and away the best position group in this year's class - which is really exciting for the future. I think that outside of QB, the DL is the most important position group for a team's success. A great D Line makes the LBs and secondary better. On offense you can scheme around talent deficiencies in certain areas, but on D you have to react to the other team and that generally requires a good DLine to be successful. I think Hank is really good at what he does and will get the most out of this group, but it is really exciting to have so much quality depth at such an important position.

Don't underestimate Miller - his brother, lower rated, played this year and did reasonably well. And he's already enrolled and training with the rest of the team now. Three great gets. If Brooks joins, we'll have an elite linebacker corps too coming in.

Reactions: Hungry Jack
Sam Miller could be even better than his older brother Alex who played as a true frosh this season.

Don't underestimate Miller - his brother, lower rated, played this year and did reasonably well. And he's already enrolled and training with the rest of the team now. Three great gets. If Brooks joins, we'll have an elite linebacker corps too coming in.

Hope Brooks reads that! Hoe much do recruits look at who will surround them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT