ADVERTISEMENT

Big crowd

Yeah, Lou's initial comments on the game thread suggested low attendance except for the student section. Glad to see it filled in and from the replays looked much better than I was expecting. Something cool about a night game.

Night games are much better than 11 AM games. I estimated the attendance pretty well. I guess the attendance at Duke was less than 15 K maybe less than 10 K

Had NU not lost to Duke, I'd expect the crowd would've been larger. Chicago and NU Fans are finicky
NU fans maybe, but not Chicago fans. The embarrassment that is the Bears still sells out most weeks, and the hapless Bulls have barely had an unsold seat in decades.

The box score claims 20,241.
That had to be tickets sold. Stadium looked less than a quarter full, and it only holds around 40000, I think. Duke's attendance against Baylor didn't look much better either. I guess they have to win the ACC before people show up.

That had to be tickets sold. Stadium looked less than a quarter full, and it only holds around 40000, I think. Duke's attendance against Baylor didn't look much better either. I guess they have to win the ACC before people show up.
No. They just have to take those annoying points off of the ball.

NU fans maybe, but not Chicago fans. The embarrassment that is the Bears still sells out most weeks, and the hapless Bulls have barely had an unsold seat in decades.
Sells out yes, but as the season goes on, many do not come.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT