ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten Media Day

clarificationcat

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
I just watched the B1G Network interview with Collins, Law and Pardon. Other than confirming that NU won't play with a traditional point guard in most instances, there were just a ton of clichés and not any new information from the James interview. Collins said that Nance is 6'10" and multi-talented and that Kopp is tough. The transfers are long and can shoot. They are trying to improve one practice at a time. I guess one interesting tidbit is that the players haven't seen the new stadium yet.

They all came off fine in the interview - just not informative.

I just watched the B1G Network interview with Collins, Law and Pardon. Other than confirming that NU won't play with a traditional point guard in most instances, there were just a ton of clichés and not any new information from the James interview. Collins said that Nance is 6'10" and multi-talented and that Kopp is tough. The transfers are long and can shoot. They are trying to improve one practice at a time. I guess one interesting tidbit is that the players haven't seen the new stadium yet.

Collins said that with the two transfers and their shooting ability the offensive should be more dynamic than previous years.

Their comments altogether indicated that this will be a better shooting team.

Liked that Collins said because of the strong roster Nance and Kopp get to be freshman. The expectation isn't that they'll come in and start/carry the team like Law and BMac.

Not hearing a ton about Gaines in all of this.

I was particularly impressed with Dererk. Came across very poised and thoughtful, spoke in a nice rhythm, made eye contact. Vic is letting his sense of humor show more, the interview question was great and he made some comment about returning for his 10 season. Enjoyed them very much.

I was particularly impressed with Dererk. Came across very poised and thoughtful, spoke in a nice rhythm, made eye contact. Vic is letting his sense of humor show more, the interview question was great and he made some comment about returning for his 10 season. Enjoyed them very much.
Agreed. They were both excellent representatives for the program. I just wished they had shared a little more about the new players. Collins seemed fairly serious throughout his press conference and the interview. I assume he is tired of talking about last year.

Glad to see Vic getting the attention he deserves. Playing defense doesn't make the highlight reels but Vic always plays their best offensive player and shuts them down. He plays 36 minutes a game chasing guards. The guy has been amazing. Hope he has a great year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT