ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten men's teams in the news or in action

My epicaricacy over his meltdowns may be wrong, but his fighting with other coaches and sometimes his own players adds a new level of entertainment to college basketball.
Thanks for teaching me a new word. And what a useful one it is!

Maybe it was the slapping incident that did it for me, but it felt like, from day one, he was arrogant. You have not earned the right to be arrogant when you never coached.

Reactions: DaCat
Well, I can pretty much assure you PWB that if you were 79 you would not think it's "cool". ;)
Its cool that you are 79, still care about NU sports and come on this website posting your thoughts.

I mean you were a kid in the 1950s. Post WWII, before Vietnam. Prosperous middle class. Politicians who actually cared about their country...

I'm sure you have seen a lot.

Its cool that you are 79, still care about NU sports and come on this website posting your thoughts.

I mean you were a kid in the 1950s. Post WWII, before Vietnam. Prosperous middle class. Politicians who actually cared about their country...

I'm sure you have seen a lot.
Correct on all counts PWB. What is not cool about being 79 is limited life expectancy and the ravages of advancing old age. Plus I retired this year after 53 years with the same law firm so I'm a little bored. On the other hand, I remain physically active, and my brain continues to function fairly well, so I can't complain. I've made many good friends on this Board, all of which started when I began to attend FloridAlum's Purple Parties many years ago. Typically I come out from Pa. for 2 or 3 home games every year, so you will be on my list of preferred guests at our tailgate in the West Lot.

Correct on all counts PWB. What is not cool about being 79 is limited life expectancy and the ravages of advancing old age. Plus I retired this year after 53 years with the same law firm so I'm a little bored. On the other hand, I remain physically active, and my brain continues to function fairly well, so I can't complain. I've made many good friends on this Board, all of which started when I began to attend FloridAlum's Purple Parties many years ago. Typically I come out from Pa. for 2 or 3 home games every year, so you will be on my list of preferred guests at our tailgate in the West Lot.

That is very nice of you. Thanks!

I wish you the best. Age happens to all of us, unfortunately.

Last edited:
I've always assumed you were retired based on your 'name', surprised you just did it. Gratz and good luck relaxing!

Maryland is getting crushed again. Down 30 at the half to Michagan.

Michagan is not switching g the screen just playing straight up man. Boo and Chase might be able to get to the basket at will if Maryland does. Ot fix their issues

Why? Because he’s older than dirt? The thing about old guys (I include myself in that category) is that we can take all sorts of $hit without getting our panties all twisted. It’s one of the blessings of living long enough.

Plus we usually don't give a shit about other's opinions. But we don't let on, say uh-huh and roll with the flow.

It's not just the B1G, earlier this week Kentucky lost at home to South Carolina and then won at Tennessee yesterday.

Reactions: drewjin
Did anyone see the Purdue MSU game?

I did not, but find the box score fascinating. One would guess they decided to let Edey stuff the stat sheet but take away the other players. Purdue "only" took 10 three pointers. It (almost) worked.

Did anyone see the Purdue MSU game?

I did not, but find the box score fascinating. One would guess they decided to let Edey stuff the stat sheet but take away the other players. Purdue "only" took 10 three pointers. It (almost) worked.

I missed that game entirely.
They let Edey shoot and he only made 50% of his 26 shots.
Thats Izzo, thinking outside of the box, guarding against the open 3's.
And he doesn't have a center the size of Nicholson.
Sissoko (6'9" 240) only played 22 minutes, had 4 fouls - looks like he got into foul trouble.
Sissoko is just a bit heavier than Verhoeven, but he's a lot more athletic.

My Hoosiers win big at Illinois tonight. One of the worst defensive game plans ever by the Illini trying to go one on one against TJD. Idk that they doubled him all night. 15-19 from the field. 35 points.

Cam Spencer was 1-12 from the field and 0-7 from 3 before he scored 6 points in the last minute when the game was out of reach. Where was that last week?!?!
The key there starts with the fact that MSU is the best in the Big Ten at defending the 3. 0.85 points allowed per 3 point attempt.
Northwestern is the worst - 1.27 points per 3 point attempt.

Guessing Spencer is deadly when left open.

The key there starts with the fact that MSU is the best in the Big Ten at defending the 3. 0.85 points allowed per 3 point attempt.
Northwestern is the worst - 1.27 points per 3 point attempt.

Guessing Spencer is deadly when left open.
Spencer:
1h
13:02 - wide open 3 miss
11:58 - turnaround jumper make
8:18 - contested shot just inside 3-pt line miss
6:45 - wide open 3 miss
5:57 - wide open 3 miss with late contest
4:52 - mcconnell screens spencer's man for a wide open 3 miss with late contest
4:49 - contested jumper miss
2h
19:27 - contested turnaround jumper miss
15:54 - contested 3 miss
12:37 - contested jumper miss
9:40 - disjointed play, awkward 3 point shot trying to draw a foul, miss
9:26 - late contest 3 miss
garbage time
0:44 - layup and-1 make
0:12 - wide open 3 make

Sometimes you're just hot, and sometimes you're not. He got 6 open threes and went 1-6 on them.

Watched a 25 minute "highlight video" of Saturdays game between Ohio State and Indiana (won by Indiana 86-70 in Bloomington)

The Hoosiers were sparked by Malik Reneau, a 6'9" 235 freshman.
Reneau had 15 points an 8 rebounds in 23 minutes off the bench.
The "starters" (Miller Kopp and Race Thompson) combined for 51 minutes, 10 points and 6 boards.

Freshman Jalen Hood-Schifino had 24 points on 12 shots.

Unfortunately, the Hoosiers are moving up.

Big game tonight when Rutger (8-4) faces the Hoosiers (7-5) in Indiana.

Omoruyi against Jackson-Davis!
Miller "the flop" Kopp against Paul "the flopper" Mulcahy...

Should be a good one. Indiana favored by 4.5
Tickets as low as $75.

Up in East Lansing, Sparty (6-6) hosts Maryland (7-5).
Tickets as low as $2.

In the MSU game, Rutgers lost Mawot Mag to a torn ACL. Mag was the starting PF who averaged 24 minutes for 8 points and 5 rebounds a game.

Last night the Hoosiers beat them by 6.

In the MSU game, Rutgers lost Mawot Mag to a torn ACL. Mag was the starting PF who averaged 24 minutes for 8 points and 5 rebounds a game.

Last night the Hoosiers beat them by 6.
Wow I hadn't even noticed that. Losing Mag really hurts Rutgers. They are not a deep team.

I like our chances in the rematch. Our bench is much better than theirs.

I have fallen in love with TJD. I really admire his play and work ethic. I just hope we stifle him in Evanston next week.
I read your comment and looked up Indiana's numbers against the Big Ten.
With all the doubling of TJD in the post, they are shooting 39.3% as a team from outside the arc.
Three starters shooting between 40% and 50% on 3's, including Kopp at 46.7%.

• Wow
Reactions: 4IUSox2 and drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT