ADVERTISEMENT

Big Ten West Title Machinations and Tie-Breakers

My point is not the H/A situation. The nine game schedule has created that imbalance. There is no Big Ten team that has 4 of 5 on the road. Iowa had/has one home game between 9/22 and 11/10. I am simple stating that is highly unusual and a bit of a disadvantage regardless of opponent.
I mean granted that is a difficult stretch, but overall your conference schedule is clearly easier than ours. You get Md PSU and IU as crossover, we get Mich MSU Rutgers. And you get Wisconsin and Northwestern, the two toughest threats at home.

And I don’t think sticking ND in the middle of conference season gives us any advantage... they’re a really good team and a tough physical game if anything will make it tougher to bounce back for @Iowa next week. While I’m very excited for the game, for the purposes of winning the division it would be better to have a bye I think...

What? Given the 9 game conference schedule, 5 vs 4 home games is a 50-50 proposition every year. Iowa also gets Wisconsin and Northwestern at home. That’s hardly a tough break.

Northwestern got 5 B1G road games this year as well including Purdue, MSU, and Iowa.

Iowa B1G Schedule:
Wisconsin (L)
@Minnesota (W)
@ Indiana (W)
Maryland (W)
@ Penn State (L)
@ Purdue
Northwestern
@ Illinois
Nebraska

NU B1G Schedule:
@Purdue (W)