ADVERTISEMENT

Billy McKinney

I will never forget the Kentucky game in the 70s and the crazy day that he had. Certainly one of the most memorable games and a new history and I was there and sitting behind some coaches who's school would be playing Kentucky next. They asked ...is he always like this and I course I said YES!

I will never forget the Kentucky game in the 70s and the crazy day that he had. Certainly one of the most memorable games and a new history
Did you know we have actually played Kentucky in basketball 15 times over our history and only beat them that one game in 1977 (They were defending NIT champs) i don't think we've played them since then.

Noticed on the NU game notes that Billy McKinney will be joining Dave Eanet on the radio call of tonight's game. Look forward to listening to him. Great to have him involved with the program.
Was it just for last night or will he be on with Dave for the whole season?

Back in the late 1970’s, Billy was playing in an outdoor 4 on 4 summer league at Devonshire Park in Skokie. At the time I was 5’9” 155 pounds and fairly quick. After guarding Billy for the first third of the game or so, he was getting annoyed with my defense. He then proceeded to make a move where half of my body went one way, and the other half in another direction. He looked back at me and screamed, “in your face motherf*cker.” He didn’t realize it but the fact that I warranted an M-F was perhaps the best sports compliment I ever received.

Last edited:
I haven't heard any part of a game yet. Any word on Joey Meyer? Is he gone?

If so, I can understand it a bit - especially getting McKinney in there as a regular part of the program. That's great!

Joey had health problems throughout last season. Any word on if they continued? I hope not. Such a good dude.

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT