ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl Game likelihood?!?

TerraCat

Gold Member
Jun 20, 2001
Northern Virginia
On Northwestern’s remaining schedule…I think Purdue is a likely win. We have to win one more to make a bowl. Which would be an amazing response to the ridiculousness of this season and the utter mismanagement of SchillGragg!

I think the likelihood of a win from most to least goes like this: Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin.

I estimate base completely upon opinion and no scientific data…a 45% chance of bowling. Meaning I really want to believe!!!!!

What do you think?

On Northwestern’s remaining schedule…I think Purdue is a likely win. We have to win one more to make a bowl. Which would be an amazing response to the ridiculousness of this season and the utter mismanagement of SchillGragg!

I think the likelihood of a win from most to least goes like this: Illinois, Iowa, Wisconsin.

I estimate base completely upon opinion and no scientific data…a 45% chance of bowling. Meaning I really want to believe!!!!!

What do you think?
I think that we will win 3 out of 4.

What do you think?
I think your 45% chance of getting to 6-6 or better is about correct. However, with our APR being at or near the top of the list (though after James Madison which gets in on an exception once all 6-win teams have been used despite eligibility being blocked for their transition from FCS), there is a better than average chance that we get into a bowl at 5-7. Though granted it might be an overflow ESPN-owned bowl, not a contracted B1G bowl at that point. That said, the last contracted B1G bowl is the Quick Lane in Detroit (vs MAC), and the Athletic this week projected us at 5-7 to go to the First Responder Bowl on 12/26 in Dallas vs UTSA... that sorta seems better than Detroit to me.

So if it is 40-45% that we get to 6 wins, I think making a bowl is more like 65-70% (conservatively, perhaps) given a 5-7 Northwestern team is more likely to get in than not.

Let's just beat Iowa though, and then get 1-2 more against IL and Purdue and remove any doubt.

Wasn't it really close last season- like 14-10 or something? Really hoping for a miracle here this season with some new coaches for us and still their version of oc/jon....
2 years ago 17 12. Last year 33 13 including a last second TD by us.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
As usual, the Cats could win all of them but could also lose all of them. 2-2 the rest of the way is fine with me, but why not go 8-4 and erase all doubt?

Whoever comes out of the West to face the OSU/Michigan winner might be the worst Big West winner ever, but they'd still be in Indy. Why not the Cats?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT