ADVERTISEMENT

BOWL GAME PURPLE PARTY

FloridAlum

May 29, 2001
OK, there really is not one on the drawing board yet , Too many games left to play , But we are going bowling! For purely selfish reasons, I hope we go to Tampa, Orlando (I think those two are unlikely) , Nashville or back to Jacksonville. I can get to those four fairly easily without spending a lot of money , And the weather probably won't be too bad, although it could be chilly in Nashville. I really do not want to go to New York or California. Those trips would cost me a lot more money and might be more difficult for planning a party. I guess the most important thing is that it feels a lot better spending the next month or so debating what bowl we will attend instead of worrying about whether we will be eligible.

When I was in Evanston for homecoming I stopped in at Let's Go Tailgate and got a chance to visit with Dave and Cindy. Cindy brought up your name immediately as one of their favorite Wildcat fans. They were honored that you had tried to get them to come to Duke for the game there. If I recall correctly you have had pretty good success in getting Let's Go Tailgate to enhance Purple Parties in the past with their contributions of Northwestern memorabilia. The FloridAlum charm seems to have made its mark in the past and I am guessing the next Purple Party, wherever it is, will be right up there with those of the past due to your efforts.

What is the bowl priority and is there still a BCS bowl committee that could pick two BIG teams including playoffs?

I think the final big lineup will be:
Osu
msu
iowa
mich
NU
wisconsin
indy
psu
ill
nebraska

So where is #5 at?

If you look at hailtopurple.com Later today, you will see the new format broken down by tiers. I think a number five puts us in tier 2 , which has the four bowl games of San Diego, New York, Nashville, and Jacksonville. A lot of the gurus think our most likely destination is New York or San Diego, which I would not like .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT