ADVERTISEMENT

Brain Salad Surgery and Schizo

SchizoCat1

Dec 1, 2004
It will work for you, it worked for me.

Anyway, many of you will have known me since the old Big Ten boards in the 90s as buffoonery and in recent years mostly as a lurker under the nom de plume SchizoCat, which Florida Alum bestowed on me back in 2002, for which favor I gave him a bottle of Glenlivet. So, for those of you in the praying mood, I will be having brain surgery on Tuesday at Northwestern Medicine to remove a benign but golf ball-sized tumor behind my right eye.

Even though I am a general pain in the ass, I'm a Wildcat through and through (class of '80) so any best wishes or darts thrown in the bulls-eye would be appreciated. This is not a joke; I'm serious for once. Prognosis is excellent.

Thanks and Go U NU.

Anyway, many of you will have known me since the old Big Ten boards in the 90s as buffoonery and in recent years mostly as a lurker under the nom de plume SchizoCat, which Florida Alum bestowed on me back in 2002, for which favor I gave him a bottle of Glenlivet. So, for those of you in the praying mood, I will be having brain surgery on Tuesday at Northwestern Medicine to remove a benign but golf ball-sized tumor behind my right eye.

Even though I am a general pain in the ass, I'm a Wildcat through and through (class of '80) so any best wishes or darts thrown in the bulls-eye would be appreciated. This is not a joke; I'm serious for once. Prognosis is excellent.

Thanks and Go U NU.

I am sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery, but I know you will be just fine and have a perfect recovery. Make sure to come back on the board and keep us updated . In your honor, I will have a scotch on Tuesday, seems apropos .hang in there, dude

Reactions: Inovacat
Thanks for allowing us to join with you to share your challenge to some small degree. Best wishes for a successful surgery and recovery to follow. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: NUMBfan

Thanks and Go U NU.

Good luck Schizo. Prayers for you.

Thanks and Go U NU.

Best wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

Good to hear from you Schizo and good luck with the surgery and a fast recovery!

Thanks and Go U NU.
What time?

Best wishes for the surgery and a full recovery. I remember buffoonery from days past, didn't know it was you. Looking forward to many more posts from SchizoCat1.

Thanks and Go U NU.
Going to church in a moment and will add you the prayer list.

Positive thoughts and prayers for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

Absolutely Schizo... best wishes to a successful procedure and speedy recovery!

A friend had a similar surgery about 4 years ago and made a complete recovery. So will you.

I had emergency brain surgery years ago and have a plate, I did not make a full recovery. I became a Cats fan. Kidding aside, keep positive! You made your luck already.!

Good luck, SC. Benign is good, location is still approachable so surgery is the good option. Tell the surgeon to hide to scar so only you can se it. The people there are great so you should have no problem. Don't worry about getting up early, you'll be back asleep in no time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Reactions: FightNorthwestern
7:30 am Tuesday morning. Gotta be there at 5 for an MRI.
7:30. Perfect. I'm almost always praying at 7:30 any way.
Would you mind sharing your first name? Not that God doesn't know who SchizoCat1 is, it is more for me.:)

Would you mind sharing your first name? Not that God doesn't know who SchizoCat1 is, it is more for me.:)

Michael. That is all I am going to tell you, and I probably should not even say that. He knows a bunch of folks on the board. When you say your prayers, remember that the Lord might still be referring to him as buffoonery.

Michael. That is all I am going to tell you, and I probably should not even say that. He knows a bunch of folks on the board. When you say your prayers, remember that the Lord might still be referring to him as buffoonery.
Got it!

Pray extra hard. You know how difficult it is around here to get a free drink, well this dude gave me a whole bottle of scotch. My prayers were answered. I am confident that yours will be at least as successful.

Wow, very sad to hear about your troubles but glad that the prognosis is good. I will say a prayer.

Your friend, even though we have never met, Euro.

Thanks and Go U NU.
Praying for you, Schizo.

All good thoughts, as well as prayers for quick healing and recovery offered up.

A friend had a similar surgery about 4 years ago and made a complete recovery. So will you.

I had emergency brain surgery years ago and have a plate, I did not make a full recovery. I became a Cats fan. Kidding aside, keep positive! You made your luck already.!

I'm just hoping theyt

Thanks and Go U NU.

H Hour 7:30 am

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT