ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Joseph enters the portal…

This “football family” losing lots of members lately. Shocking how fast this spiral has been. Another bad season — which is entirely possible/probable at this point — and we could be in some serious trouble.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
This “football family” losing lots of members lately. Shocking how fast this spiral has been. Another bad season — which is entirely possible/probable at this point — and we could be in some serious trouble.
Why would anyone want to play on this defense? I'm usually an optimist but realistically I was worried this would happen. The next guy to worry about obviously is Tommy.

Pretty damning.

He’s decided that a) he’s not ready for the NFL and b) Northwestern will detract from his ability to get there.

I thought he’d just be outta here. Ugh.

Gocatsgo and coral refused to admit but on november 27th at 11pm, Ned told me that Joseph was KNOWN to be gone (fitz is NOT surprised)and told that Peter S and Porter were evaluating immediately after Fitz refused to support his players but instead rolled with "Pal Johnny".
If you are correct, then this team would compete in the Ivy. I don’t think they would compete against the CPHS better teams.

Why? He was the one player that seemed to improve in JON’s “system”.

Unless he wants to play with his brother elsewhere? Can anyone explain why we haven’t offered him yet?
We are both referring LT PS.

Per InsideNU. Disaster. A terrible defense gets worse & one of our best remaining weapons on that side of the ball evidently doesn’t expect much to improve in Evanston. 2021 an absolutely brutal year for the program after Jan 1 bowl win.

We have a pretty deep secondary returning! Not sure he would have started anyways!

It will be interesting to follow his statements closely to see if we ever learn his actual thoughts process.

It will be interesting to follow his statements closely to see if we ever learn his actual thoughts process.
Where he ends up will be the biggest indicator as to his thought process.

My money’s on Texas or A&M. What if he transfers to one of those schools and plays behind a 5 star recruit?

Reactions: IGNORE2
Wherever he goes, he will start imo. The guy was that good. My bet is a bigten school.
He's really good. Even in this season's sh1t show, you saw flashes. He's a crazy athlete. I expected this and don't blame him. He could have declared for the draft with a solid year but JON'S incompetence foiled that. Probably cost the kid a year's NFL salary

Per InsideNU. Disaster. A terrible defense gets worse & one of our best remaining weapons on that side of the ball evidently doesn’t expect much to improve in Evanston. 2021 an absolutely brutal year for the program after Jan 1 bowl win.

Best of luck to Brandon. Amazing player and one that I imagine (given good health) will be playing on Sundays not too long from now. Completely understand the decision. Try to find a program with a competent DC that can showcase your sizeable athletic gifts.

Jim O’Neil; the coaching hire that keeps on giving…

This thread is purely conjecture and opinion:

Brandon Joseph had an IG story yesterday about being at Exos fitness which is a high end performance for elite athletes. I assume he did performance testing recently and it wasn't good enough to be in the first 4 rounds based on the measurables and college tape and the analysts they have there. Otherwise, he would have declared for the NFL draft. I had a bad feeling yesterday when I saw the IG story. I think B Jo always was going to go pro after this season and the bad year did him in like a la Paddy Fisher a couple years ago. His next best option is to transfer. His rush defense and tackling were putrid last year based on the PFF grades (38.1 and 51.7 respectively). He's one of the best on our team but needs work in the weight room and needs to learn to tackle better. He took advantage of great linebacking play last year and he was able to get some lucky interceptions because of tips and overthrowing the LBs downfield help him pick off the QB. That Ohio State INT was amazing and that's on him and that's a freakish athletic play.

We're really thin at safety. I think we need a transfer in and maybe someone like G. Hollis moves over to safety. He's rangy and long like B Jo and fits the profile.

Best of luck to B Jo. Hope he has a fruitful season elsewhere and not in the Big Ten.

Alright Corbi. I'm bookmarking this one.

I would be absolutely floored if Skoronski ever hit the portal. He could’ve gone wherever he wanted when he picked NU and he didn’t pick NU for exclusively on-field reasons.

In fact, I think it more likely that he would come back for another season at NU rather than leaving for the NFL after three years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT