ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING: Robbie Beran is a Wildcat

Amazing. Collins and Co. have done it again.

Congratulations, Robbie, and welcome!

giphy.gif

OOg0Z6f.gif

Reactions: DaCat and IGNORE2
We are adding a really fun number of long, versatile players with shooting ability. Can CC get Nance, Kopp, and Beran into the same lineup? It'll be cool to see.

“They lose five guys this year so this incoming class is going to be an instrumental piece to the puzzle as is the current freshman class.”

Law, Pardon, Ash, and Taylor I know about. Who is the 5th?? Probably Charlie who is in his 4th year although only a Jr. eligibility wise......

We are adding a really fun number of long, versatile players with shooting ability. Can CC get Nance, Kopp, and Beran into the same lineup? It'll be cool to see.

Considering thaqt some think Nance is 7' tall, many teams run a 2 G & 3 F lineup, seems that Kopp (at the 3), Beran (at the 4) and Nance (at the 5) is easily doable in post Pardon days. If we can only shed the NU curse of injuries, transfer and disappointment.

“They lose five guys this year so this incoming class is going to be an instrumental piece to the puzzle as is the current freshman class.”

Law, Pardon, Ash, and Taylor I know about. Who is the 5th?? Probably Charlie who is in his 4th year although only a Jr. eligibility wise......

He probably means that the class will be five guys (ideally). Remember, NU has an unused scholarship slot this year — would have been Mooney’s if he wanted it.

He probably means that the class will be five guys (ideally). Remember, NU has an unused scholarship slot this year — would have been Mooney’s if he wanted it.

In theory, we could decline a fifth year to Falzon and/or Turner. The only foreseeable ways that happens would be 1) Either suffers a serious injury that raises questions for their future or 2) We get in the game for a one-and-done type recruit.

In theory, we could decline a fifth year to Falzon and/or Turner. The only foreseeable ways that happens would be 1) Either suffers a serious injury that raises questions for their future or 2) We get in the game for a one-and-done type recruit.

Sure, but then NU would have six slots to fill. The point still stands.

Reactions: JournCat

Declining a fifth year to Turner would likely be pretty devastating for us on the transfer market, which like it or not is a major source of talent and will be for the foreseeable future. The only way Turner's not playing here for two seasons is if he doesn't want to (or can't and bows out, for whatever reason that could be).

Considering thaqt some think Nance is 7' tall, many teams run a 2 G & 3 F lineup, seems that Kopp (at the 3), Beran (at the 4) and Nance (at the 5) is easily doable in post Pardon days. If we can only shed the NU curse of injuries, transfer and disappointment.
You will need a banger in the B1G to protect the rim. Jones looks like he could be that guy. Jones needs refinement on offense, but he should help us on defense right away. Buie doesn’t have the offer list of Jones or Beran, but by all accounts he made great progress in the last year and he comes from good stock. Maceo announces on Thursday. Looks to me like an Anthony Gaines type if we land him. Either Buie or Greer have to be the guy for at least a year.

I don't think Charlie has a scholly. I think there was an open slot that was created when Rap left

Here's the story from Rivals' Corey Evans....

The Wildcats land their second 6-9 forward in as many days: four-star Robbie Beran, the No. 97 player in the nation.

Northwestern lands Top 100 forward Robbie Beran
Does that limit our interest in the Turkish Ticket? Talk about going from the Outhouse (with no commits late in the year) to the Penthouse in about a week. Would ideally we take 5 in this class or would it be better to take 4 and a 5th year senior to balance classes?

Reactions: IGNORE2
You will need a banger in the B1G to protect the rim. Jones looks like he could be that guy. Jones needs refinement on offense, but he should help us on defense right away. Buie doesn’t have the offer list of Jones or Beran, but by all accounts he made great progress in the last year and he comes from good stock. Maceo announces on Thursday. Looks to me like an Anthony Gaines type if we land him. Either Buie or Greer have to be the guy for at least a year.

What about Roddy? Could he be that banger, enforcer, glue type guy like Sanjay? Love that football mentality.

Does that limit our interest in the Turkish Ticket? Talk about going from the Outhouse (with no commits late in the year) to the Penthouse in about a week. Would ideally we take 5 in this class or would it be better to take 4 and a 5th year senior to balance classes?
Too many commits!

Many of us were raving about the 2018 class before the unforeseen departure of Lathon. It's still a very good class with Nance, Kopp, Greer, and Young.

The 2019 class could be equally good with Beran, Jones, and Buie this far.

I like the growth trajectory of Beran, both physically and skill-wise. He also could've played the recruiting game but chose not to. From a recent article: "Florida and Kansas recently tried to get involved with Beran's recruitment, but he opted to move forward with these three finalists."

Many of us were raving about the 2018 class before the unforeseen departure of Lathon. It's still a very good class with Nance, Kopp, Greer, and Young.

The 2019 class could be equally good with Beran, Jones, and Buie this far.

I like the growth trajectory of Beran, both physically and skill-wise. He also could've played the recruiting game but chose not to. From a recent article: "Florida and Kansas recently tried to get involved with Beran's recruitment, but he opted to move forward with these three finalists."

I think he's another high academic kid. The message about NU bball is starting to get through.

It's a good-to-excellent class as is, which seems to be the new normal for NU bball. Each year, at least one recruit who ranks top five in all time NU recruits.

The other new normal is the Summer posts that Collins isn't cutting it on recruiting and if he doesn't kill it next year it's a total disaster and we should just raze Welsh Ryan. But that's basically three guys upset that NU no longer defends with a 1-3-1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT