ADVERTISEMENT

Caitlin Clark in the NBA? The Big3 offered her $5M to play!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? From 1994-2016 his team won 50% of all the national championships.

Since 2016, he’s run into a brick wall every year even with the advantages NIL should give the Huskies. And it’s hard to see him winning this year.
Before last year, you could have said just about the same thing about Kelly Amonte Hiller. Had the game passed her by?

Reactions: No Chores
Given all the constant hype, I was wondering.

Could Iowa’s Caitlin Clark make it as a Steph Curry type player in the NBA?

If Candace Parker and Brittney Griner couldn't then I doubt Clark can. What do you all think?

UPDATE: @Sec.112 got me thinking. Even if the NBA is unrealistic, could Caitlin play on Northwestern or another men’s Big Ten Team?
Are you serious? Good God. NO way. This is comical

This is in line with my thinking too.

Notice that I didn’t say give Dina Taurasi a shot at the NBA or Big Ten. I think a female point guard would have a lot of difficulty getting the ball up the court against an Ace Baldwin Junior or a lesser Big Ten point guard (even Boo was working harder than usual against PSU).

But a spot up high volume 3 point shooting guard? Whom we could cover for defensively with Barnhizer, Clayton, Nicholson, and Martinelli with Berry out (just speaking to our current roster). That could work.

Again, I think of Steph Curry. He’s probably my favorite NBA player for a franchise I haven’t rooted for over the past 15 years. But without four other plus NBA defenders on the floor he struggles to win, and without his 3 point shot he’d likely not have any NBA titles or MVPs. Food for thought.

You’re take on Steph Curry is perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve every read on these boards. And that’s saying something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
You’re take on Steph Curry is perhaps the stupidest thing I’ve every read in those boards. And that’s saying something.
Ok, please provide some substantiating points. What am I missing about Curry’s game?

He runs the offense, shoots 3s or free throws, and prays he isn’t exposed on defense on every NBA possession. Why do you think Draymond is untouchable while he’s there?

If you can disprove any of those facts - or prove other points which I’m missing - then I’ll reconsider my stance.

Before last year, you could have said just about the same thing about Kelly Amonte Hiller. Had the game passed her by?
That’s an interesting comparison.

My inclination is to say “no” as Amonte Hiller never felt the need to publicly bad-mouth star players from other programs. We also knew she still has the goods although I admit I don’t follow LAX closely.

I bet Geno wouldn’t have said anything negative if Griner were a Huskie with NBA buzz. Sour grapes by him?

Given all the constant hype, I was wondering.

Could Iowa’s Caitlin Clark make it as a Steph Curry type player in the NBA?

If Candace Parker and Brittney Griner couldn't then I doubt Clark can. What do you all think?

UPDATE: @Sec.112 got me thinking. Even if the NBA is unrealistic, could Caitlin play on Northwestern or another men’s Big Ten Team?

She would lose teeth in her first ten minutes on the floor.

I was never any kind of super athlete in any sport but I was an incredible "hustler". No one could out work me. Then a kid changed high school to mine in his senior year (my senior year too) and my middling team became good however this guy - who remains a friend to this day, a good friend, close - said flat out - don't even think about coming up for a rebound when I am, because I will knock your ass out cold. (And I later saw him do it to others - completely legally arms (elbows) waving left and right). And he wasn't being a dick about it, it's how the game is played at the highest levels. We think as fans the game is tamer than it is. It might not be hockey with the flat out brawls but basketball is not as nice as some people think.

She would get killed out there. She would need first aid.

Last edited:
She would lose teeth in her first ten minutes on the floor.
That’s an extreme and odd take.

If anything the refs would protect her more than they do Edey and other college stars. Another added benefit of her game in the NBA or the B1G.

No she would lose them the first time she goes up for a rebound and a guy with five inches and 50 pounds on her starts swinging the elbows just as he would do (and should do) against any other player. She would end up bleeding with a towel on her face on the floor just as I would have if my teammate (now good pal) had not given friendly advice to lay it easy in the paint because teeth would get knocked out.

Elbows from huge guys will do that. And is not a foul to use your elbows and hips and shoulders (but especially elbows) to "free up territory" when you grab a rebound.

Last edited:
Elbows from huge guys will do that. And is not a foul to use your elbows and hips and shoulders (but especially elbows) to "free up territory" when you grab a rebound.
As long as you don't use the elbow to hit someone near the crotch - that's apparently an automatic ejection now.

No she would lose them the first time she goes up for a rebound and a guy with five inches and 50 pounds on her starts swinging the elbows just as he would do (and should do) against any other player. She would end up bleeding with a towel on her face on the floor just as I would have if my teammate (now good pal) had not given friendly advice to lay it easy in the paint because teeth would get knocked out.

This isn’t the 1980s or even the 1990s. Basketball at the college and NBA level is much more civil.

Also, Caitlin would be a shooting guard. I doubt she’ll be in the post boxing out Omoruyi types often.

Maybe because the Men’s game is a wee bit more physical than the Women’s game?
Not at the professional level.

The NBA is full of prima donnas.

There are a few alphas (Draymond, again), but by and large the NBA is now “Charmin soft” as Kobe Bryant referred to his fellow players towards the end of his career.

Shouldn’t matter in context of the claim. I’d the men’s game is so rough, 6’ and under guys should be losing teeth every game.
Ding ding ding! How is Boo Buie thriving?

He gets hammered every B1G game, the refs swallow their whistles, and yet his slight frame keeps carrying us.

Boo! If you read these boards… I know a good orthodontist! PM me before you lose all your teeth.

Reactions: EagerFan
Ding ding ding! How is Boo Buie thriving?

He gets hammered every B1G game, the refs swallow their whistles, and yet his slight frame keeps carrying us.

Boo! If you read these boards… I know a good orthodontist! PM me before you lose all your teeth.
Setting aside the teeth comment for a min, Boo is like 25-30 pounds heavier than Clark.

Setting aside the teeth comment for a min, Boo is like 25-30 pounds heavier than Clark.
He wasn’t as a freshman.

If she is really only 155-160 pounds, she could hit the weights and maybe take some NBA “enhancement medicines”. The juice would be worth the squeeze.

Just a question because I am curious. Can a women player play on both the men’s and women’s basketball team simultaneously? I know it is possible for someone to be a two sport player, like football and basketball or soccer and baseball but can those two sports be playing during the same time period?

I don’t think Caitlin could play meaningful minutes on the Iowa men’s team, but maybe thrown out there with the walk-one during mop up time at the end of a blow out game would be possible. With that said, the women’s basketball game has much better players than the group 20 years ago. The game is more fluid and the average player is just so much better. But like the difference between men and women in tennis, at the pro level, the men are just way too athletic. The skill set needed for the NBA is still out of reach. I am not even sure if a women player could make the bench in the European basketball leagues and they don’t play any defense on those teams.

Last edited:
He wasn’t as a freshman.

If she is really only 155-160 pounds, she could hit the weights and maybe take some NBA “enhancement medicines”. The juice would be worth the squeeze.
Comical. Clark is the best shooter in the woman’s game, maybe the men’s game too. However, she’s not in the same hemisphere as Boo in athleticism or strength.

I am done with this nonsensical argument. BTW Steph would beat Clark 20-0 in a game of one on one and my money is on another rout in a game of horse. Be real instead of making up your own distorted truth.

Comical. Clark is the best shooter in the woman’s game, maybe the men’s game too. However, she’s not in the same hemisphere as Boo in athleticism or strength.

I am done with this nonsensical argument. BTW Steph would beat Clark 20-0 in a game of one on one and my money is on another rout in a game of horse. Be real instead of making up your own distorted truth.
Absolutely correct. CMT does his special brand of trolling simply for attention. Now that he is no longer pursuing his lawsuit against NU he has little else to do. ;)

Interesting timing!

Last night, Steph Curry edged Sabrina Ianoscu 29-26 in a 3 point shooting contest!

They both shot from the NBA line.

Which of you is lining up to eat some crow?

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Who was guarding Curry?
Nobody guarding either one. They can both shoot and Curry was a bit better. Of course, this has absolutely nothing to do with whether Clark could play against men in college or the NBA. She couldn't, so get over it and take your nonsensical trolling someplace else - please!

Watching True Detective - Night Country now. It is like they took everything from Season One and reversed it - Artic Circle instead of southern Louisiana, dark vs light, alpha female cops and submissive males vs the opposite. I am a fan of the series through good and bad but the show stretches credibility.
Separate topic here but I agree.

I watched the finale last night and it didn’t feel like a full season or resolution. This currently ranks #3 of the four seasons so far.

Season 1 is still the best of the 4. Season 3 next. And Season 2 remains in last place.

That all said, a fictional piece of work shouldn’t influence our rich debate here. Let the ladies try!

Separate topic here but I agree.

I watched the finale last night and it didn’t feel like a full season or resolution. This currently ranks #3 of the four seasons so far.

Season 1 is still the best of the 4. Season 3 next. And Season 2 remains in last place.

That all said, a fictional piece of work shouldn’t influence our rich debate here. Let the ladies try!

Agreed, although I haven't seen the finale yet. Tonight or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT