ADVERTISEMENT

Cam/Coco/Bryce/etc

Baz=Heisman

Feb 11, 2023
Do we have any idea when we’re going to hear if they’re coming back for a final year? I’m assuming next month??

Do we have any idea when we’re going to hear if they’re coming back for a final year? I’m assuming next month??

Gallagher has already announced that he is not coming back. While he’s announcing for the NFL draft, he’s not really a great NFL prospect so that seems mostly like “I’m done with college football:”

I haven’t seen anything official from either Azema or Porter, but at least Porter has shown up in NU football’s X/Twitter and Instagram as participating in offseason workouts. I‘m not sure why folks have been worried about Porter not returning, he’s got multiple years of eligibility left.

Mueller, Hagerty, Henning, and Pate have announced returns (I think). I may be missing a guy or two.

Last edited:
Have heard that all the anticipated departures are already in the portal since making that post. Would be a very good thing, IMO.
Informally, I felt this to be the case, because Braun has said he didn't have many/any other scholarships to give recruits. To me, that meant he had line of sight as to who would leave/remain, especially of the ~40 that walked during the PU game.

Informally, I felt this to be the case, because Braun has said he didn't have many/any other scholarships to give recruits. To me, that meant he had line of sight as to who would leave/remain, especially of the ~40 that walked during the PU game.

Indeed. Things can/could always change after spring ball in the second portal window, but with the staff in place and program seemingly mostly settled one would hope the “surprise factor” would be low.

Frankly there are a handful of guys that I would rather see leave than continue using a scholarship, but I don’t get the sense that Braun is going to be the guy to push players out (especially with a couple nomadic years in front of us where recruiting could be difficult).

Indeed. Things can/could always change after spring ball in the second portal window, but with the staff in place and program seemingly mostly settled one would hope the “surprise factor” would be low.

Frankly there are a handful of guys that I would rather see leave than continue using a scholarship, but I don’t get the sense that Braun is going to be the guy to push players out (especially with a couple nomadic years in front of us where recruiting could be difficult).
I was a little concerned about the spate of PWOs, as if they needed to fill the scout team. Also QB looms large

I was a little concerned about the spate of PWOs, as if they needed to fill the scout team. Also QB looms large

I don’t know that we have a “spate” of PWOs. We should be fine through spring ball at the very least, clearly need some legitimate OL depth come fall.

Also… Gronowski. Manifest it.

Reactions: epicbret
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT