ADVERTISEMENT

Campbell and Bullock out for season

Man, that is some really bad luck. So sorry for these kids.

Is it time to move a couple players to CB that aren't seeing action in their current positions? Think we have any RBs or WRs who have the speed and quickness to play CB in an emergency?

As a fellow Chaminade alum, I really feel sorry for Campbell.

He's a very smart kid, so I hope he decides to go to grad school at NU so that he will wear the purple for another three years.

I had suspected that RoCamp had a torn labrum during his frosh campaign after hearing he had surgery over the winter. That's typically a year recovery, and with his smaller build he will really benefit from the time to heal and build strength.

Foot surgery for Bullock suggests a break or maybe a Lis Franc (or is it Franz Liszt?) injury.

Wishing both of these talented youngsters a full recovery and return to action in 2018.

Is it time to move a couple players to CB that aren't seeing action in their current positions? Think we have any RBs or WRs who have the speed and quickness to play CB in an emergency?

Ironic that we moved two guys away from DB to WR last year for similar reasons (injuries + performance). However, mid year switches are a bit tough - likely won't see returns until a year or two from now.

That said, think of Quiero as a backup CB with McGee on the field more

Reese could be an option, but that would be a stretch. We need him to dance on the sideline.

If McShep, Mayo and Williams can stay healthy, we should be OK. We also have Moe, our secret secondary weapon. But we are dangerously thin now thanks to this plague of injuries.

Reese could be an option, but that would be a stretch. We need him to dance on the sideline.

If McShep, Mayo and Williams can stay healthy, we should be OK. We also have Moe, our secret secondary weapon. But we are dangerously thin now thanks to this plague of injuries.
Means the odds for more injuries are reduced. I think.

Eh... Williams coming back earlier than expected probably reduces that possibility. Given that McShepard wasn't announced as out for the year, hoping he will be back following the bye week. That would give us Hartage, McShepard, and Williams as experienced guys with Mayo as the fourth corner. Queiro can also flip out there as "emergency corner."

Don't think Reese is enough of an athlete to play CB. If anyone were to flip over (and I doubt this is a realistic possibility), I would pick McGowan.

Good news is that Campbell still has his RS year to use. Have to believe Bullock would be a candidate for a medical RS. By the way, did we ever determine if Watkins has the option of coming back next year if he is physically able?

Good news is that Campbell still has his RS year to use. Have to believe Bullock would be a candidate for a medical RS. By the way, did we ever determine if Watkins has the option of coming back next year if he is physically able?

Given his two injuries in consecutive years, I hope for his sake he retires. Not sure football is worth the damage to his body. Some people just seem to be more injury prone, and sadly I think he is in that group.

Don't know why he wouldn't be, given that it's his second season-ending injury.

Given his two injuries in consecutive years, I hope for his sake he retires. Not sure football is worth the damage to his body. Some people just seem to be more injury prone, and sadly I think he is in that group.

Or we could just trust the medical professionals, program, the player, and his family to come to the best decision for that player without playing "Motel 6" doctor on a message board.

Or we could just trust the medical professionals, program, the player, and his family to come to the best decision for that player without playing "Motel 6" doctor on a message board.

Aw, what fun would that be? We're obviously all medical professionals.

Who put the curse on our 4 star defensive backs? Westphal has battled injuries his whole career, saw him in street clothes on the sidelines vs. BGSU. Hopefully Campbell will recover to have a stellar career at NU. Last year we lost Matt Harris, though not a 4-star, he was our best corner in years. Geez!

Reactions: Windy City Cat Fan
So three games into the season we have three corners out for the year. Sheesh.
Technically true, but the only in-season casualty has been Bullock.

RoCamp was really lost in the winter, or whenever he had the shoulder surgery. Speaking from experience, recovery from surgery for a soft-tissue injury in the shoulder (I suspect it was the labrum, but could easily include a cuff tear) is uncertain and time-consuming.

I generally like the idea of RoCamp taking his RS right now. It's bad that he has a shoulder injury, but it's good that he has 18 months to recover. He was pressed into service as a frosh before he was physically ready, and may have gotten hurt as a result (really a stretch to argue that he would not have gotten hurt had he not been forced into action as a true frosh. This game tends to hurt people, I noticed).

I have no idea about Bullock's injury but it's good that he has time to recover. Lis franc is tough one (I think McEvily had it and it forced the big man to retire) but he's not a big man with a foot injury, which is a bad thing for big guys. He's a little man with a foot injury. Disclaimer--pure speculation on the Lis Franc.

Better to be a "Motel 6" doctor on the same side than just resolve to treat these kids like cannon fodder.

Better to be a "Motel 6" doctor on the same side than just resolve to treat these kids like cannon fodder.
image.gif

Was unaware that cannon fodder get the opinion of a medical professional (and usually multiple medical professionals) before voluntarily deciding to take that opportunity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT