ADVERTISEMENT

Can this 2022 team win the Big Ten Tournament?

Can we win the BTT?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CatManTrue

Oct 4, 2008
Is this the year we go on a run at the right time and win it all?

It has to happen one of these years…

At the moment they'd need to win 5 games in 5 days, so... no.

I mean it could…. It’s just not likely. I don’t think they could beat Purdue but if they get knocked off they have the ability to beat everyone else. So there’s a chance.

Id rather buy a lotto ticket then bet on that outcome tho. Eh maybe not. Gives me something to root for.

I bet if you made up the bracket, had everything go really well for them in the games we didn’t play, and multiples the odds of winning out through that path, the most ideal odds of success you could manage to give would still only be like 10% even after all the other top teams getting knocked off as freebies.

Much more possible if you avoid being in the bottom 4. Winning 5 games in 5 days is probably not possible. But 4 in 4 days is possible with the right matchups.

Beat Nebraska
Beat Rutgers
Beat Iowa
Beat Illinois
Beat Wisconsin.

Is that the right order?

This team has the potential to win one game and maybe two, but I can't imagine the endurance required to win three big ten games in three days, let alone four or five.

This is where Collin's brilliant, season-long strategy of resting Ryan Young every night and never playing Matt Nicholson pays big dividends. Fresh legs!

If we suddenly and unexpectedly decide to play Young (and Nicholson) with Nance, we just might run the table!
Gotta play Buie with Greer obviously.

If we do the same crap we've been doing, we have zero chance.

If we do the same crap we've been doing, we have zero chance.
This is what, after toning down my discontent for CC (seeing where the season goes and all), has made me lose my mind. We have zero evidence what we do works. In fact we have plenty of evidence to argue it does not work. And yet, nothing new is tried. I have not even seen a full court press attempt, other than in desperation time. Nothing. Same players, same rotations, same old, same results.

I know there's a tendency on coaches, when feeling under fire, to be stubborn, some pride or not wanting to "lose face". But it is maddening and only makes me go back to believing CC is not even remotely an average coach.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
I went to the Horizon League semis last night. Cleveland State lost to Wright State. Eye test for me is always that Cleveland State is short on talent vs Wright State/Oakland/Northern Kentucky.

Last night they dug a whole for themselves by starting very slow. And things were not clicking. 10 points down at the 1/2 way mark of the 1st. A bit of a run, Wright State responds, down 10 at the half. Cleveland State had scored 26 at his point.

I saw Dennis Gates going to full court press with double teaming early in the 2nd half. It did not work even if a couple of times they cut it down to 7 or so. But it spiked some offensive production that was not there.

Have I seen CC do anything different regardless of how the game is going? Other than sitting down a player in foul trouble, no. Script, script, script.

I have no hope that we can win the thing, but if we can make the semis, there's maybe an outside chance that we'll be considered for the NIT.

This team has the potential to win one game and maybe two, but I can't imagine the endurance required to win three big ten games in three days, let alone four or five.
Good chance to win first round as Bryce McGowen unlikely to play if wrist is not 100%. Missed last game against Wisconsin and is solid draft prospect. Coach says he does not want to risk aggravating due to his future prospects.

This is what, after toning down my discontent for CC (seeing where the season goes and all), has made me lose my mind. We have zero evidence what we do works. In fact we have plenty of evidence to argue it does not work. And yet, nothing new is tried. I have not even seen a full court press attempt, other than in desperation time. Nothing. Same players, same rotations, same old, same results.

I know there's a tendency on coaches, when feeling under fire, to be stubborn, some pride or not wanting to "lose face". But it is maddening and only makes me go back to believing CC is not even remotely an average coach.
Ehhh, Simmons got some run for a few games in mid-February.

I noticed you toned down your dis-satisfaction with Collins!!!! Probably for the best.
I guess I've amped mine up.
I am extremely disappointed with how the season has played out and the offseason has the potential to be a real train wreck - I'm sure other coaches can see that some of our guys are pretty good.
Maybe we'll get lucky and bring in some transfers, but I'm not a huge fan of that sort of thing as a way to run your program. ("One guy as needed" is okay with me - but its a disservice to the guys on the roster to do that all the time - your word has to mean something)

I agree 100% that Collins is either really stubborn or just lacks imagination. A merry-go-round of substitutions is the last thing you want to be doing because you learn nothing about your team and the players can't figure out how to take advantage of any mismatches they would discover along the way. To me it says, "I don't know what I'm doing - I can't evaluate my roster."

Its so frustrating to see us still doing things line-up-wise that we should know are likely to produce negative outcomes.

I was looking for a Hell No option
My dadtold me that this is what they called “stinkin’ thinkin’” in the Core!

Where is @CoralSpringsCat when we need to bully some WR posters into submission?

It’s now or not for a long time! 5-0, or Collins must go.

Hey, prove me wrong and I will profusely apologize for my lack vision. I'd be thrilled to be wrong!

Go Cats!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT