ADVERTISEMENT

Carr to the Pats, of course

Happy to hear. Gentlemen start your engines.

indy2016_4529.jpg

Carr drives toward the goal...[+] Click Here for an expanded version of this photo.

indy2016_4531.jpg

...And Carr finds a place to park![+] Click Here for an expanded version of this photo.

(Caption credit for my above photos goes to GoUPurple at HailtoPurple.com)

Reactions: nu greek
Crystal ball career projection...

Rookie Year: Makes the team and we see him a lot in pre-season but he is a role player on special teams and we do not hear his name much.
Second Year: Still special teams for the most part. Starts seeing some reps at slot.
Third Year: We are beginning to see articles praising his work ethic and leadership. He cracks the receiver rotation and becomes a 3rd down clutch receiver.
Fourth Year: Clear starter. Surprises many when he is named to his first Pro Bowl.
Fifth Year: Lots of name recognition. Performs up to it. Pro Bowl #2.
Sixth Year: They start selling "Carr" jerseys in Boston.

I will leave you hanging on whether he makes the third Pro Bowl and cracks the 2.5 over.

Carr was not exactly himself post-vicious cheap shot concussion in the MN game. Would he have been drafted but for the criminal hit? I tend to think so. Let's hope he's fully recovered and reaches his fullest potential in the NFL.

Rookie Year: Makes the team and we see him a lot in pre-season but he is a role player on special teams and we do not hear his name much.
Second Year: Still special teams for the most part. Starts seeing some reps at slot.
Third Year: We are beginning to see articles praising his work ethic and leadership. He cracks the receiver rotation and becomes a 3rd down clutch receiver.
Fourth Year: Clear starter. Surprises many when he is named to his first Pro Bowl.

I will leave you hanging on whether he makes the third Pro Bowl and cracks the 2.5 over.

That's heartless, Glide. Shame on you.

I think he becomes the first guy elected to the NFL HOF while still active. He then gets bored and goes to Arena Ball and scores 10 TDs in one game.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/patriots/2017/04/30/pats/jvFSEBmQR1GxmFQH9XjXfL/story.html
Austin Carr's photo is featured in the Boston Globe article about undrafted free agents for the Patriots. Patriots signed 17 UFA's, kind of like the NFL equivalent of 2-star recruits maybe?

Nice statistics next to his picture too.

And nice text as well:

Northwestern’s Austin Carr (6-1, 194 pounds), the Big Ten receiver of the year (90 catches, 1,247 yards, 12 touchdowns) also signed on with the Patriots. The former walk-on has very strong and reliable hands.

Northwestern’s Austin Carr made 90 catches for 1,247 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2016. ADAM HUNGER/GETTY IMAGES
By Jim McBrideGLOBE STAFF
APRIL 30, 2017

630626078.jpg

Is anyone else torn by this? While I hope the best for AC, if he does well there, that means I have to sometimes wish for good things to happen to the Patriots. What a dilemma!

Is anyone else torn by this? While I hope the best for AC, if he does well there, that means I have to sometimes wish for good things to happen to the Patriots. What a dilemma!

No. Go Pats!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT