ADVERTISEMENT

Cats land 2025 Rivals150 point guard Jake West

Suddenly shaping up to be a really solid class. Not the barn burner we’d hoped for, but a necessary rebuilding block with some really nice pieces.

1. Coach CC is just killing it this offseason and bringing in very high quality players who seem like real fits.

2. I'm legitimately intrigued to see how this kid changes and impacts the NU NIL scene.

Suddenly shaping up to be a really solid class. Not the barn burner we’d hoped for, but a necessary rebuilding block with some really nice pieces.
Class rankings are stupid and this one is volume and timing driven and should be taken with a grain of salt... but we have a top 10 recruiting class on all sites right now. This is a legit group!

Reactions: No Chores
Judging from the lack of response here ... I'm guessing this isn't a big TikTok crowd 😅😅😅😅🤣🤣🤣

Really hope Jake is a hit. Hard worker and obviously brings a large following. Never hurts to have 1.5 million new Cats fans either. Brings us to what .... 1.50001 million?

Being completely serious, just go on TikTok and search Jake West commitment ... and you'll see that Northwestern basketball got millions of hits in various content pieces. Just last night.

There's a fantastic 5 minute clip from Fox 29 news showing Jake with his parents too.

It's impossible to quantify what that means to the program. Or that his reasoning for attending is how we develop guards and improve their game for the next level, and the great coaches etc.

Of course, there will come a time in 12 months where the ability matters too ........ but what the last 2 years have meant to the program from Boo to Brooks to someone like a Jake West ...... it's incredible.

Jake’s quote after announcement from Zagsblog:
“I’m going to bring leadership and competitiveness from Day One. I’m gonna compete, not take any plays off and be a leader by being vocal and bringing energy. I’ll do whatever it takes to win.”

Being completely serious, just go on TikTok and search Jake West commitment ... and you'll see that Northwestern basketball got millions of hits in various content pieces. Just last night.

There's a fantastic 5 minute clip from Fox 29 news showing Jake with his parents too.

It's impossible to quantify what that means to the program. Or that his reasoning for attending is how we develop guards and improve their game for the next level, and the great coaches etc.

Of course, there will come a time in 12 months where the ability matters too ........ but what the last 2 years have meant to the program from Boo to Brooks to someone like a Jake West ...... it's incredible.
Osh, if I recall correctly, Bryant McIntosh was leading his recruitment. Pair that with Boo Buie, and you got two strong examples of underrecruited confident point guards that have thrived in Collins' program. Hoping West will continue that trend.

Osh, if I recall correctly, Bryant McIntosh was leading his recruitment. Pair that with Boo Buie, and you got two strong examples of underrecruited confident point guards that have thrived in Collins' program. Hoping West will continue that trend.
Northwestern: "I like how it is an academic school. Bryant McIntosh has been recruiting me. He is really cool. He has been talking to me a lot. We relate because we are both small white guards who have played at a high level."

Reactions: No Chores
Yes sir.

Guard U is not a bad reputation to be developing .... especially for the underrecruited, which there are more and more of. Besides, it certainly seems we'll only be in the Portal game to fill in gaps, not attract the Top 40-50. At least not yet.

So to have a reputation of developing guys and getting them to the next level ... is a really cool thing.

Not to mention our 1.5 million new fans of course.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT