ADVERTISEMENT

Challenge to WRs NU Faithful. Help Midvale Dave

Fiadhaich

Mar 26, 2006
Midvale Dave needs our help. Let’s get off our tuchases and offer some assistance to our friend in need. It’s Thanksgiving time and we have a lot to be thankful for. Maybe we can help Dave and Kathy find a little something to be thankful for.

Let’s open our wallets and make a donation to his GoFundMe page. Now go help out the Sackman.

Here’s the link

https://www.gofundme.com/david-sacks-medical-expenses

Last edited:
Midvale Dave needs our help. Let’s get off our tuchases and offer some assistance to our friend in need. It’s Thanksgiving time and we have a lot to be thankful for. Maybe we can help Dave and Kathy find a little something to be thankful for.

Let’s open our wallets and make a donation to his GoFundMe page. Now go help out the Sackman.

Here’s the link

https://www.gofundme.com/david-sacks-medical-expenses

A small donation made with prayers for a happy holidays in Dave and Kathy's house.

Reactions: rmndcat
Done. Blessings to Dave. And thanks to Jack for matching.
Honestly, it’s as much ftprom my father as me. He has dementia, and as Trustee of a sizable estate, I am entitled to a small salary. So I just donated that.

My father was generous but never very strategic. Instead of giving a big gift to an organization he really connected with, he’d sprinkle small gifts all over. People would call and he’d agree to give $25, regardless of cause. This went on for awhile, unbeknownst to me or my brothers.

When I got involved in his affairs about a year ago, I could not believe the volume of solicitations via phone and mail. He was getting 5 calls a day and tons of junk mail. Some political organization had his credit card, and was goosing it every month.

I got that all straightened out, and had a long talk with my dad about strategic giving. We agreed on five organizations to supporting with larger gifts. But he also told me to feel free to help anyone who really needs help. He was a doctor, a heart surgeon, who helped thousands of patients with the techniques he developed. So I think he’d be thrilled to see all of us here helping Dave.

Honestly, it’s as much ftprom my father as me. He has dementia, and as Trustee of a sizable estate, I am entitled to a small salary. So I just donated that.

My father was generous but never very strategic. Instead of giving a big gift to an organization he really connected with, he’d sprinkle small gifts all over. People would call and he’d agree to give $25, regardless of cause. This went on for awhile, unbeknownst to me or my brothers.

When I got involved in his affairs about a year ago, I could not believe the volume of solicitations via phone and mail. He was getting 5 calls a day and tons of junk mail. Some political organization had his credit card, and was goosing it every month.

I got that all straightened out, and had a long talk with my dad about strategic giving. We agreed on five organizations to supporting with larger gifts. But he also told me to feel free to help anyone who really needs help. He was a doctor, a heart surgeon, who helped thousands of patients with the techniques he developed. So I think he’d be thrilled to see all of us here helping Dave.

Your Dad sounds like my congregagtion's mission committee before I arrived. :) Generous, but not strategic.

Great perspective and great life vignette. Thanks.

Reactions: ubercat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT