ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson reaction

For those who are interested:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Hunter-Johnson-decides-on-his-new-school-1805571?tstart=0

I especially like the comment where they talk about knocking us off in the Playoffs. Except of course I hope it goes the other way and we knock them out instead.

If nothing else, seems we have gained a few fans from the State of South Carolina.
Did you appreciate the Kain Colter reference?

"Add me as a new Northwestern fan now. Which is tough for me to say bc I think it was their players that started the dumb EA sports lawsuit and ruined NCAA football game. "

Did you appreciate the Kain Colter reference?

"Add me as a new Northwestern fan now. Which is tough for me to say bc I think it was their players that started the dumb EA sports lawsuit and ruined NCAA football game. "

Unfortunately, I will probably never appreciate the Kain Colter reference. Ever.

Thank goodness we're over whatever bizarre phase we were in as it appears the staff have decided it's better to have QBs who can actually throw the ball.

Unfortunately, I will probably never appreciate the Kain Colter reference. Ever.

Thank goodness we're over whatever bizarre phase we were in as it appears the staff have decided it's better to have QBs who can actually throw the ball.

I'm looking forward to when the rest of us on this board can say "Thank goodness EvanstonCat has moved past his OCD mancrush on Trevor and let it go."

Last edited:
Reactions: NUCat320

Let's just hope they dont ask them to CATCH the ball anymore

Reactions: stpaulcat
I'm looking forward to when the rest of us on this board can say "Thank goodness EvanstonCat has moved past his OCD mancrush on Trevor and let it go."
One of my favorite things to do is respond to him 'Colter was better"; however, one game I'm pretty sure we win with Trevor was Army. He looked...wow when he came in. I don't remember if it was truly garbage time but im pretty sure he and Ebert would have chewed them up. Sigh. I had a great time in New York though

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
One of my favorite things to do is respond to him 'Colter was better"; however, one game I'm pretty sure we win with Trevor was Army. He looked...wow when he came in. I don't remember if it was truly garbage time but im pretty sure he and Ebert would have chewed them up. Sigh. I had a great time in New York though

Yeah, that was not a pretty game. Don't think I'll ever forget the PA guy there. "Mr. official, please move the chains for another Army FIRST DOWN!"

1. Please don’t mention the Army game. Still painful.
2. Very nice to see that HJ held in such high regard by the Clemson faithful.

Reactions: CoralSpringsCat
Wow, the comments about NU from the Clemson fans made me (a) more excited about landing HJ and (b) very proud to be a Wildcat. Universally positive things to say about our program, new facilities and academic reputation. Sometimes you wonder if fans from other conferences (or our own) know anything about us, or care at all. Reading this thread was a reminder that NU is seen as a special & unique place by a lot of CFB fans. I've also been reminded of this a few times when I've attended SEC games with my NU hat on. Plenty of people will say "go Cats," congratulate me on a recent win, praise Fitz, or a make a good natured comment about our nerdiness. Anyway, I'm on cloud nine over this development.

For those who are interested:

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/TNET-Hunter-Johnson-decides-on-his-new-school-1805571?tstart=0

I especially like the comment where they talk about knocking us off in the Playoffs. Except of course I hope it goes the other way and we knock them out instead.

If nothing else, seems we have gained a few fans from the State of South Carolina.

Wow, the comments about NU from the Clemson fans made me (a) more excited about landing HJ and (b) very proud to be a Wildcat. Universally positive things to say about our program, new facilities and academic reputation. Sometimes you wonder if fans from other conferences (or our own) know anything about us, or care at all. Reading this thread was a reminder that NU is seen as a special & unique place by a lot of CFB fans. I've also been reminded of this a few times when I've attended SEC games with my NU hat on. Plenty of people will say "go Cats," congratulate me on a recent win, praise Fitz, or a make a good natured comment about our nerdiness. Anyway, I'm on cloud nine over this development.

I’m a longtime Clemson fan living in upstate SC and you would be amazed at how many folks down here are talking about Northwestern... I don’t know a single Clemson fan who didn’t like HJ, and many thought he should have started over Bryant last year.. Had he not arrived here 1 year before Trevor Lawrence, he could possibly have ended up being a top 5 QB in Clemson history.. Despite the small sample size, he appears to have all the tools.. I truly expect to see him in the NFL one day.. I, as well as many others, will be pulling hard for you guys over the next few years. Go cats!

Kentucky Fans have nothing nice to say. They’re still bitter

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT