ADVERTISEMENT

Collins needs to bring in a four star point guard for next year!

Wrestlerneverdiesasacatfan

Feb 25, 2015
Possibly redshirting him! We need someone that is lightning quick, can break the press, shoot, and pass! I hope we can develop this point guard and not use him next year! but we need him in school!

Not many highly rated players want to join a team without the prospect of playing time.

Not many highly rated players want to join a team without the prospect of playing time.
That's true, but I'm extremely concerned about developing someone to replace B-Mac, and,in my opinion, that person is not Brown. Wrassler is right - finding someone to replace a guy who led the BIG in assists is not easy but extremely important.

That's true, but I'm extremely concerned about developing someone to replace B-Mac, and,in my opinion, that person is not Brown. Wrassler is right - finding someone to replace a guy who led the BIG in assists is not easy but extremely important.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for CCC to land a quality PG in this class, but I recognize that pickings are slim at this stage. We're in the mix for some very talented guards in the 2018 class where they'll have the opportunity to start as a true frosh and practice and play in brand new facilities.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for CCC to land a quality PG in this class, but I recognize that pickings are slim at this stage. We're in the mix for some very talented guards in the 2018 class where they'll have the opportunity to start as a true frosh and practice and play in brand new facilities.
Agree, and hope you're right about 2018. It would be nice, though, to have someone other than Brown to spell B-Mac at the point, even if it's a graduate transfer.

Reactions: GOUNUII
From the reports that I have read NU is going after McIntosh's replacement in 2018. Isiah Brown had no problems im breaking the press. He had problems in his decision making of when to shoot and when to pass. But there usually is a big development between one's freshman and sophomore year.

Mark Smith would be a perfect fit -- limited minutes this year as he eases into the system, then turn the keys over to him next year. He's probably our best bet at this late stage in the game. If he succumbs to the bright lights of Michigan State or Kentucky, then you look for either a graduate transfer who can give you 5-10 quality minutes a game next year, then recruit a freshman who can step in the following season; or you hope Brown matures enough to make the job his own.

You don't see any possibility of Brown maturing in the next year?
I think Brown will mature next year, but he's a different kind of player than B-Mac. He's primarily a scorer, not a guy who will come anywhere near leading the BIG in assists. We need somebody who can distribute the ball.

Reactions: VirginiaWildcat
I think Brown will mature next year, but he's a different kind of player than B-Mac. He's primarily a scorer, not a guy who will come anywhere near leading the BIG in assists. We need somebody who can distribute the ball.

Exactly. BMac is special in this his eyes are ALWAYS on his teammates. He is pass first, always scanning for an assist. Brown has a straight up scorers mentality, but discovered that driving solo into the trees at the D1 level will typically get you blocked.

Possibly redshirting him! We need someone that is lightning quick, can break the press, shoot, and pass! I hope we can develop this point guard and not use him next year! but we need him in school!
Why 4 star? How baout a 5 star or a new division called 6 star?
And how about 6 star center who is 7"3' who can rebound and hit free throws and love NU so much that he decides to play here for 4 years and give up any NBA thoughts?

From the reports that I have read NU is going after McIntosh's replacement in 2018. Isiah Brown had no problems im breaking the press. He had problems in his decision making of when to shoot and when to pass. But there usually is a big development between one's freshman and sophomore year.

Our young budding bball pro reveals some valuable insight here.

He's right. There usually is development between a freshman and a sophomore.

Why do you seem excited that Brown is struggling?

Not at all excited about the way this team is playing. Very excited about humiliating your protege. Gives me something to be upbeat about as I feel very anxious about the upcoming B1G season.

Not at all excited about the way this team is playing. Very excited about humiliating your protege. Gives me something to be upbeat about as I feel very anxious about the upcoming B1G season.

Way to criticize a guy who has been playing hurt. And he WAS the backup PG tonight; Ash plays shooting guard.

He is playing hurt because you say so Mike. No reports to corroborate.

Huh? The announcers reported it tonight. And it was quite obvious watching him play.

Guess we see different things. Having had a quad, competed at NU, I have a different perspective. Of course, different grades and different mindsets towards return are out there.

I have said from the beginning that brown may be a LG or SG, but not PG. And on his best days, I think he will be like Demps, not Mac. If was playing any point tonight, then all zero assists were pretty impressive. I think Ash is the back off guard when in play and ball handling gets spread around sans mac.

Oh, that Haas kid sure looked crappy tonight. Hope he is paying attention in class as he can't be headed to the NBA... hey walkless, where ya hiding?

Nope. If you are going to attack, then be prepared for that to come back and haunt. Archives are my friend, ignore is yours.
Not sure I attack too many on this board unless they are an opposition troll that needs to stay in their own lane. Just saying this rehash of posts that exacerbates these feuds gets tiresome. New material is good.

Last edited:
Not sure I attack too many on this board unless they are an opposition troll that needs to stay in their own lane. Just saying this rehash of posts that exacerbates these feuds gets tiresome. New material is good.

Unfortunately, the attackers enjoy the BS of the moment and it takes time to show it. I am willing to wait, resurface and return the gesture.

Want less rehash, then encourage walkee to keep his trap shut. Stay silent while he attacks, then expect the time delayed payback. We still have plenty more time bombs to play out.

But I would take a heart felt apology for his attacks and promises of restraint and end my run on the archives. Btw, I warned - I told all that these attacks would come to pass. Well, welcome to the future.

Except the Head Coach saying he is still trying to get his timing back.

"Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up!!!!"

Timing = ongoing injury? Words are you friends. Care to interpret / make up any more?

Timing = ongoing injury? Words are you friends. Care to interpret / make up any more?

Any kind of injury messes with a player's timing. Happened to me back in my playing days...bad ankle sprain in the preseason. Took me half a season to get back to 100% percent.

Any kind of injury messes with a player's timing. Happened to me back in my playing days...bad ankle sprain in the preseason. Took me half a season to get back to 100% percent.
IB "lost a month", and we know he didn't participate in the open scrimmage in October, so he must have had one heck of a quad injury. Not hard to imagine that he is only now rounding into form. We'll see if he continues to improve ass the season progresses.

Way to criticize a guy who has been playing hurt. And he WAS the backup PG tonight; Ash plays shooting guard.

This is how the fake news mantra began. State a non fact then twist and twist until it resembles the truth. Then say, see, I told ya.

And having competed at NU, having had a quad, and understanding the recovery, I don’t buy it. But, fortunately, we have a full season and two years to examine and discuss. So, let’s see what happens.

This and the other three threads spoke to walkee’s asinine statements. Now, it is still clear, many of you look to absolve or ignore his BS. So, we will just keep reviewing attacks of the past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT