ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on your win over Wisconsin.

Rich Starkey

Dec 29, 2013
Looking forward to the game next Saturday, and wondered how you came out injury-wise against Wisconsin. ND looks to have lost one of it's captains and weakside LB Drue Tranquil to an ankle injury.

Have you seen a significant drop-off in the running game after Larkin's retirement?

One last thing. How are Nate Hall and Pete McIntyre doing? Saw them both play in high school and Pete had a pretty horrific injury during his senior season.

Good luck this Saturday.

Looking forward to the game next Saturday, and wondered how you came out injury-wise against Wisconsin. ND looks to have lost one of it's captains and weakside LB Drue Tranquil to an ankle injury.

Have you seen a significant drop-off in the running game after Larkin's retirement?

One last thing. How are Nate Hall and Pete McIntyre doing? Saw them both play in high school and Pete had a pretty horrific injury during his senior season.

Good luck this Saturday.

Injury wise things are looking up. The aforementioned Hall just came back against wisconsin after a three week injury related absence and a few others may be back for next week. Hall is one of our leaders on defense and a legit NFL caliber linebacker so his return is big. The running game was greatly impacted by the Larkin retirement but has been resurgement the last two weeks due to the emergence of true freshmen RB from ohio, Isaiah Bowser. McIntyre has really not played since he arrived due to the injury you mentioned. I believe he has gotten some special teams play this year so hopefully he is rounding back into form and can compete for defensive snaps next year.

Looking forward to a good game this Saturday.

Reactions: Rich Starkey

Good luck this Saturday.
I think we did pretty well injury wise. I don't recall anyone going out and not returning but I could have missed something. Our kicker went out during warm ups, I guess.
The running game fell totally off the table for three games but seems to be finding it's way the last two.
Nate Hall is terrific missed a couple of games due to injury but was back and looked good against Wisconsin.

Reactions: Rich Starkey
Injury wise things are looking up. The aforementioned Hall just came back against wisconsin after a three week injury related absence and a few others may be back for next week. Hall is one of our leaders on defense and a legit NFL caliber linebacker so his return is big. The running game was greatly impacted by the Larkin retirement but has been resurgement the last two weeks due to the emergence of true freshmen RB from ohio, Isaiah Bowser. McIntyre has really not played since he arrived due to the injury you mentioned. I believe he has gotten some special teams play this year so hopefully he is rounding back into form and can compete for defensive snaps next year.

Looking forward to a good game this Saturday.
Just an fyi on Pete. He was an excellent receiver, and kicker in high school too, and nice to see that NW stuck with their commitment to him because it happened very early in his season. I'll guarantee you he finds a spot before his career is over.

Reactions: NU Houston
Just an fyi on Pete. He was an excellent receiver, and kicker in high school too, and nice to see that NW stuck with their commitment to him because it happened very early in his season. I'll guarantee you he finds a spot before his career is over.

FItz sticks with recruits once they commit, no matter happens on the field. It’s a pretty unique value proposition for recruits.

I think we did pretty well injury wise. I don't recall anyone going out and not returning but I could have missed something. Our kicker went out during warm ups, I guess.
The running game fell totally off the table for three games but seems to be finding it's way the last two.
Nate Hall is terrific missed a couple of games due to injury but was back and looked good against Wisconsin.
Funny you should mention that about your kicker. Justin Yoon who just became ND's all-time scoring leader was out with a leg injury. His replacement came in and promptly missed his first extra point attempt. This kid had been handling the kick-off duties, but was not really impressive. If you have any sort of a return game it could be to your benefit because he has a problem kicking it in the end zone.

Good luck this Saturday.
What would you do
if we sang out of tune
would you stand up and walk out on us?

Funny you should mention that about your kicker. Justin Yoon who just became ND's all-time scoring leader was out with a leg injury. His replacement came in and promptly missed his first extra point attempt. This kid had been handling the kick-off duties, but was not really impressive. If you have any sort of a return game it could be to your benefit because he has a problem kicking it in the end zone.

Any idea how long Yoon will be out? I seem to recall he was down to NU and N* D* during his recruitment and chose the bad guys.

FItz sticks with recruits once they commit, no matter happens on the field. It’s a pretty unique value proposition for recruits.

In this case, I heard Fitz visited him right after the injury to reassure him.

Any idea how long Yoon will be out? I seem to recall he was down to NU and N* D* during his recruitment and chose the bad guys.
Kelly didn't say anything in his presser today about his return. He's had a bye week and last week to get better so my guess is he'll handle FG's and PAT's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT