ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to Coach MacPherson

Overly_Invested_Cat

Sep 10, 2015
In the midst of the well-deserved lobbying for Coach Hankowitz, Coach MacPherson deserves some recognition. The Athletic just named Greg Newsome a first team All America cornerback and Brandon Joseph as a 2nd team All America safety. Not too shabby. Sure, there’s talent, but also great coaching. Coach MacPherson gets my vote for next DC.

In the midst of the well-deserved lobbying for Coach Hankowitz, Coach MacPherson deserves some recognition. The Athletic just named Greg Newsome a first team All America cornerback and Brandon Joseph as a 2nd team All America safety. Not too shabby. Sure, there’s talent, but also great coaching. Coach MacPherson gets my vote for next DC.

Let’s tap the breaks on MacPherson a bit. I don’t necessarily think he’s ready to lead the entire defense yet. Also, there’s more than just X’s & 0’s. Timmy McG gets my vote if Fitz stays in-house.

Let’s tap the breaks on MacPherson a bit. I don’t necessarily think he’s ready to lead the entire defense yet. Also, there’s more than just X’s & 0’s. Timmy McG gets my vote if Fitz stays in-house.

If McPherson is not quite ready, what makes you feel McGarigle is? It sounds to me like you have some inside info. From where I sit, McPherson is the more experienced coach and is just as accomplished in terms of how his units have played at NU. I know McGarigle has some NFL experience but I don't see that being enough of a differentiating factor. I think they are both outstanding young coaches who will be DCs and probably Head Coaches at some point. I can understand if Fitz goes with someone more experienced from the outside but if he stays in house, someone is going to have to explain why McGarigle gets chosen over McPherson. If that happened to me, I would be looking elsewhere if I was McPherson.

McG was a great player. Not the NFL body but a tackling and get to the ball machine. Friends from another school swore they heard his name called continuously. Not flashy just the guy making the stop and never quitting regardless of score. If he is DC that us good. Wisconsin went a similar direction. But they let us have Hank too so there is that.

If McPherson is not quite ready, what makes you feel McGarigle is? It sounds to me like you have some inside info. From where I sit, McPherson is the more experienced coach and is just as accomplished in terms of how his units have played at NU. I know McGarigle has some NFL experience but I don't see that being enough of a differentiating factor. I think they are both outstanding young coaches who will be DCs and probably Head Coaches at some point. I can understand if Fitz goes with someone more experienced from the outside but if he stays in house, someone is going to have to explain why McGarigle gets chosen over McPherson. If that happened to me, I would be looking elsewhere if I was McPherson.

I would be extremely surprised if it is MacPherson.

Mac is the associate head coach. If Fitz were to be out due to COVID protocol, he would be the one to take over in the interim. That alone speaks to his value to the program.

How about we celebrate a good coach and man and not worry about his next job? He has been a big part of the team’s success.

Keep up the great work, Coach Mac!

• Love
Reactions: drewjin
I would be extremely surprised if it is MacPherson.

It’s obvious you guys are making these comments with some inside info, which is fine. Looking at this purely from an outsider’s perspective, the answer to why that is the case is not very apparent. At some point I’d be very interested in understanding the rational.

Just hate that you even have to make a statement like that. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT