ADVERTISEMENT

Current scenarios for the double-bye

It seems pretty simple at this point: in addition to rooting for NU, we're rooting for IU BIG TIME along with Nebraska and Penn State. Simple enough.
You sure? On the surface, yes, but If we were to lose Mich would have tiebreaker over us regardless. But if IN were to win and we lose, IN would be ahead of us as well. If we win then absolutely as an IU win puts both behind us (as well as IA, MSU, MD, RUT, IL etc)

Winning takes care of a lot. Just win, baby...and we are 2nd or third seed

Here's where we stand after game 3:

IU/NU wins, the top 4 are Purdue, NU, IU, MSU. Michigan/NU, the top 4 are Purdue, Michigan, NU, MSU.

Last edited:
Reactions: IECAT
Here's where we stand after game 3:

IU/NU wins, the top 4 are Purdue, NU, IU, MSU. Michigan/NU, the top 4 are Purdue, Michigan, NU, MSU.
MSU gets away not having to make up that game against MN. But for us the same, Win and they are behind us . Don't win and they are in front

You sure? On the surface, yes, but If we were to lose Mich would have tiebreaker over us regardless. But if IN were to win and we lose, IN would be ahead of us as well. If we win then absolutely as an IU win puts both behind us (as well as IA, MSU, MD, RUT, IL etc)

Winning takes care of a lot. Just win, baby...and we are 2nd or third seed
Frankly, my comment was working on the assumption that PSU and Nebraska weren very likely to win, and certainly that both wouldn’t win.

Now that both won, I’m a little more ambivalent. IU winning means we can get the #2, which would be a tremendous accomplishment, but obviously setting the floor at #7 wouldn’t be terrible either. Depends on hat all that means for matchups I suppose. The #7 getting like PSU or Wisconsin vs the #9 getting, who, like Maryland, is somewhat marginal.

If we're the 2, we get the winner of Illinois and Penn State. If we're the 3, we get the winner of Maryland and Nebraska. Kind of think I want Michigan to win now?

Michigan/Rutgers, we're the 7 and play Penn State in game 1 on Thursday.
IU/Rutgers, we're the 9 and play a rematch against Rutgers on Thursday.

Blech. Just win, baby.

Not a good look for the Big Ten when Nebraska finishes 9-11 in the conference.
Nebraska also beat Creighton, BC, and FSU. They lost to a Memphis team that will make the tourney, and Oklahoma and St. John’s team that will not.

Man, it would’ve been fun to have their non-con schedule.

And Tominaga only recently started getting srrrrious minutes. The Gophs were the only bad team in the conference.

Nebraska also beat Creighton, BC, and FSU. They lost to a Memphis team that will make the tourney, and Oklahoma and St. John’s team that will not.

Man, it would’ve been fun to have their non-con schedule.

And Tominaga only recently started getting srrrrious minutes. The Gophs were the only bad team in the conference.
Yeah, every time I watch Nebraska I think that the Big Ten is so good that somehow THIS team has a losing record. Minnesota is the only bad team in the conference, and even they can pull the occasional upset. If NU finishes in second place this year, that is a HUGE testament to this team in a competitive conference.

If we're the 2, we get the winner of Illinois and Penn State. If we're the 3, we get the winner of Maryland and Nebraska. Kind of think I want Michigan to win now?

Michigan/Rutgers, we're the 7 and play Penn State in game 1 on Thursday.
IU/Rutgers, we're the 9 and play a rematch against Rutgers on Thursday.

Blech. Just win, baby.

I agree with rooting for UM now. The #2 vs -#3 doesn’t matter much, and 3’s path might be easier. Plus, it would be hilarious to see IU lose at home again.

Tired of seeing the Indiana benchwarmers on the court while play is going.

69-69. Nice!
It's so juvenile it will never stop being funny

Awkward Season 2 GIF by The Office

tv show jake peralta GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Bill And Ted GIF

Reactions: PurpWildCatNation
I know some folks are locked in on the Big Ten tournament seedings, but anybody looking at the standings will say one of two things...

We finished in a 2-way tie for 2nd at 12-8
or
We finished in a 6-way tie for 4th at 11-9.

Why? It shows the balance and they are not the same team as earlier in the year. May make our win against them Quad 1
Well balance is not good normally (seen as a sign of mediocrity) and people nationwide generally think Nebraska basketball is terrible. I'm not saying they are terrible, but it is remarkable what has happened to them since losing two starters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT