ADVERTISEMENT

DB Decimation

Catdude

Gold Member
Aug 27, 2001
By the end of the Nevada game, we were missing four DBs who have started at least one game (Watkins, McShepard, Williams and Mayo) and our two redshirt freshmen. It is crazy how that impressive depth has has already been erased.

We desperately need at least a couple of those guys back very soon. I think we are down to two scholarship DBs (Hartage and true freshman Pace).

Anybody recall the expected timeline (even if vague) for Williams and Mayo's return?

Also, Westphal, Campbell and who else at CB was hurt prior to Saturday?

By the end of the Nevada game, we were missing four DBs who have started at least one game (Watkins, McShepard, Williams and Mayo) and our two redshirt freshmen. It is crazy how that impressive depth has has already been erased.

We desperately need at least a couple of those guys back very soon. I think we are down to two scholarship DBs (Hartage and true freshman Pace).

What is amazing is that coming into this year, I truly think the secondary was our deepest group. And you could make an argument that CB specifically was the deepest position on the team. Through one game and here we are. Pretty incredible.

Anybody recall the expected timeline (even if vague) for Williams and Mayo's return?

Also, Westphal, Campbell and who else at CB was hurt prior to Saturday?

Another website reported that Trae could actually return sooner than predicted (which was October). Have heard nothing about Mayo.

The CBs you list are the ones that were out prior to Saturday (excluding Watkins).

Unless we get better performance from our defensive ends, it could be a long season with all the DB injuries. Each year it is something different.

Gotta think the staff will look to add at least one more DB now in the 2018 class. Only 2 currently verballed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT