ADVERTISEMENT

FB RECRUITING DE Recruiting Outlook

mshelton33

Jun 16, 2021
I had a call with DE Chinedu Onyeagoro last evening, a story will be coming out tomorrow. He greatly enjoyed his visit and the Wildcats are "definitely in [his] Top 4, and they'e not Number 4". He said he's keeping the other three programs private. He's planning to make a decision in July or August ahead of his senior season, but those late projections typically end up being late June in reality.

He changed his profile picture on Twitter to his Northwestern OV photo, that's not a tease, he texted "no significance, I just liked the picture". His recruitment is hard to forecast because there continue to be some really big programs circling around with offers or interest that could change his landscape drastically. He had Georgia, Clemson, Florida and Miami all in his Top 10 but hasn't taken an official to any of them yet. His remaining officials right now are SMU on June 7 and Washington on June 21. He added via text after that he's in talks to schedule an official visit with Florida, Texas and Texas A&M. We'll see if any or all of those three come to fruition.

Northwestern's academics can give them a good chance but, based on Onyeagoro's Top 10 list and possible visits, it's a real shell game. Braun could be pitching against a barely-ACC program and a new head off to a very slow start at Washington, or he could end up pitching against Kirby Smart and Steve Sarkisian. Onyeagoro loves Northwestern's academics but that will only go so far if the latter becomes reality, unless he follows in the footsteps of the legendary Ifeadi Odenigbo.

A key big picture detail from Onyeagoro that modifies a bit of reporting I posted earlier: I originally heard from another player that they will take two DEs total, Onyeagoro clarified Northwestern plans to take two MORE in addition to the already committed Caden O'Rourke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News