ADVERTISEMENT

Dean Lowry

Deeringfish

Gold Member
Jun 23, 2008
I watched the Packers/ Seattle game today. I like Aaron Rogers and the Packers so I watch when I can. I tried to pay attention to Lowry and though I'm not very good at understanding line play, this is what I saw. They used him in goal line, field goal and passing situations. I don't think he started but played maybe a quarter to a third of the snaps. He was playing in the middle so D Tackle, I guess.
On one goal line stand he made penetration and hit the RB about 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage. He wasn't able to bring him down but slowed him up enough for others to get him for a loss. The series ended in a field goal so I think you could say he saved a TD.
Twice in a row he bull rushed the QB and flushed him but both times he over shot and the QB basically followed the path he came in one for a pretty good gain. Not sure if he lost containment or if someone else was supposed to fill in that gap. Other times I sort of lost I'm in the confusion.
I'll try to watch him and report back each week. Maybe others could do that for other NU Guys in the NFL. If people who know what to look for in DL play would educate me about what to watch for I would't be insulted. You can be pretty basic if you want to.

Don't for get tomorrow night Carr will be on Monday night football if he has learned enough of the play book to see the field.

The team misses Dean. A disruptor that was NFL level. Xavier Washington is being missed also. A playmaker. No playmakers right now. Bull rushers, contain, etc., but no one coming off the edge or from the linebacker/secondary causing some major hurry. Partly Hank being his usual conservative/contain self, but also some slow wheels and tentative play. The injuries to the secondary are causing the coaches to shut down the creativity on defense - not that Hank is big on creativity anyway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT