ADVERTISEMENT

DeBoer talking with Alabama, reportedly

rmndcat

Gold Member
Sep 5, 2009
He would be safely out of Seattle before the B1G West rock fight on Sept. 21.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: NU Houston
so...not dabo

i'll be interested to see how deboer fares in a place like this, with boosters and everyone under the sun breathing down his neck trying to affirm their scopes of influence. i most certainly could be wrong but i don't imagine he had that at washington or anywhere else where he could basically show on his own that he's the smartest guy in the room.

so...not dabo

i'll be interested to see how deboer fares in a place like this, with boosters and everyone under the sun breathing down his neck trying to affirm their scopes of influence. i most certainly could be wrong but i don't imagine he had that at washington or anywhere else where he could basically show on his own that he's the smartest guy in the room.
Of any major school Alabama might have the fewest challenges on this front because Saban ruled as the unquestioned dictator and squashed booster influence.

Of any major school Alabama might have the fewest challenges on this front because Saban ruled as the unquestioned dictator and squashed booster influence.
i totally agree with you on the latter point, but i also suspect this is where the oppressed see their chance to strike. we'll see.

i totally agree with you on the latter point, but i also suspect this is where the oppressed see their chance to strike. we'll see.
Absolutely. If DeBoer starts losing games, some will perceive a power void and opportunity to influence—especially with NIL. The other factor with Alabama is that it's not funded by any megadonor or two. It's a rich program but more because of its huge fanbase, not because of a Phil Knight (or even a Pat Ryan).

Saban is still sticking around on some level, so he'll keep the boosters in line for at least a little while.

Big career risk for DeBoer. You want to be the man following the man. Could have lived like a hero in Washington. Alabama faithful will kick him to the curb in his first 3 loss season. Don’t like this move for him, but he is getting the bag to go there.

Big career risk for DeBoer. You want to be the man following the man. Could have lived like a hero in Washington. Alabama faithful will kick him to the curb in his first 3 loss season. Don’t like this move for him, but he is getting the bag to go there.

He’s also, ya know, won literally everywhere he’s been so is probably pretty confident that he can win with all the resources and brand recognition at Bama.

Reactions: EvanstonCat
The funny thing about all this is that UDub's former OC ending up at Bama after having turned Saban down last year...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT