ADVERTISEMENT

Denver - Ego Over Reality

I have repeatedly made clear that I am NOT saying that Siemian should be the undisputed starter. Quit implying that I am. I am perfectly fine with an open competition during the offseason and in preseason camp. I am saying that if Trevor is playing better in practice, he should start. Period. If Lynch is playing better in practice, he should start. Period. You are the one saying that Siemian should effectively be disqualified from starting solely because (a) the Denver offense finished in the bottom quartile last year, and/or (b) Lynch was a first round pick with better physical tools. With that I vehemently disagree. Only someone who didn't watch the games would think that.
i think we agree. Competition! Inexperienced first rounder with a bench year against seventh-rounder with a first on-field season that showed potential, plus a bench year.

I never said Lynch should get the job.

I wrote this:
" It's the responsibility of the organization to give their first round pick - who has great tools and was great in his final year of college - a chance, right?"

By 'chance' , I simply meant he should get a chance to win the job, not that he should get the job. (Shortly thereafter, I wrote for the first of many times that I hope Trevor wins the gig, implying that I think there's a competition.)

I don't think you'll find anywhere where I said the job should be Lynch's. I just said first round picks with great tools shouldn't be strapped to the bench in their second year.

When's Kenosha start? Or is that illegal now?

I don't know. Third base!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT