ADVERTISEMENT

DePaul fires coach

CappyNU

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2004
Chicago
They were easily the worst P6 team this year, like not even competitive in 6 of their first 7 conference games.

I wish them luck building a winning program or even just a competitive program. I think we all knew it was a mistake for them moving to the Big East, even as attractive as the money may have been.

I guess the good news it that with the new portal system, a motivated coaching staff can possibly put together a decent team pretty quickly rather than having to spend several years trying to build one up from scratch.

Reactions: clarificationcat
Cooley will get Georgetown going again. Needs a year or two to get his guys in the program.

The NU sports administration looks like a well-oiled machine compared to DePaul’s. It’s so sad that they can’t be competitive, or a national name, in anything.

They were easily the worst P6 team this year, like not even competitive in 6 of their first 7 conference games.

Stubblefield was chosen over Jon Scheyer. Bummer. (Much easier to win at Duke, for now, of course.)

It seems like DePaul *should* be better, but there are basically two generations that associate DePaul with bad (or more likely, with “who?”). It’s probably that DePaul’s most devoted fans are in their 70s.

Imo, DePaul campus is even uglier than upenn in philly. That's the only comparison I can come up with. Not sure DePaul will ever get back to glory Meyer days. They are in desperation mode. Even worse than neb football

Last edited:
The NU sports administration looks like a well-oiled machine compared to DePaul’s. It’s so sad that they can’t be competitive, or a national name, in anything.

Even women's basketball and softball have tanked. They used to be very strong in those sports.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT