ADVERTISEMENT

Do you know why Bryce Kirtz hasn't gotten any play?

boileralum07

Jan 18, 2009
Purdue really really wanted that guy out of Indiana but he, like HJ, picked perennial winner Northwestern.

Just curious as to why he hasn't played, especially with all your injuries.

A lot of folks were upset when Brohm missed on him - said Fitz should never pull kids from our state. Instead we got David Bell, who has been a monster freshman for us.

Thoughts on Kirtz? I really wanted him. Why hasn't he played?

Reactions: drewjin
Purdue really really wanted that guy out of Indiana but he, like HJ, picked perennial winner Northwestern.

Just curious as to why he hasn't played, especially with all your injuries.

A lot of folks were upset when Brohm missed on him - said Fitz should never pull kids from our state. Instead we got David Bell, who has been a monster freshman for us.

Thoughts on Kirtz? I really wanted him. Why hasn't he played?

Told he needs to get a lot stronger.

Ray Nero is listed as I'm a too deep now instead of either of our touted freshman

Ray Nero is listed as I'm a too deep now instead of either of our touted freshman

Also, Wayne Dennis has apparently played in a few games this year, including the Purdue game. It seems he's ahead of GHP and Kirtz, who have not played at all.

I still hope that those two pan out, but it's looking like they are not going to blow everybody away when they see the field.

Looks like Dennis plays on the kickoff teams not on the offense

That's right, so it's possible he's just well-suited for special teams but not playing WR. But playing on special teams is often the first step towards getting playing time, e.g., Ray Niro played a lot on special teams.

Also, Wayne Dennis has apparently played in a few games this year, including the Purdue game. It seems he's ahead of GHP and Kirtz, who have not played at all.

I still hope that those two pan out, but it's looking like they are not going to blow everybody away when they see the field.

There have been plenty of star players at NU that didn’t play as true freshman. Some guys need a year to transition to the college game but that by no means indicates their future is not bright.

Reactions: hoosboot
He told a funny joke just to get some play, then he tried to make a move and she said, "No way."
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT