ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see the cats winning a big ten game this year?

They'll get better. Worst case, Johnson slings it all over the yard and we win some shootouts. He's legit, so are Robinson and Kirtz
Yeah this offense can win games even with a terrible defense alongside.

Johnson looked way better than 2019 and the offensive scheme seems to fit him well.

Reactions: rmndcat
IMHO, the only games the 2021 Cats will be able to win, given their current state of frequent field play ineptitude and obvious delusional thinking that they are among the B1G's upper echelon of football programs, are their OOC competition. Last night was a harbinger of more pain & angst to come via the 'Cats' B1G slate of foes - even at the hands of perennial bottom feeders like the Rutigers Scarlet Blight ... er... make that Rut-grrrrzzz and Ill-Annoy. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the 'Cats went Oh-Fer in the B1G. And that opinion isn't sour grapes, but an honest assessment of the competitive profile of the current personnel of the 2021 Fighting Fitz'es. One other item that is painfully obvious... Jim O'Neil, on his best coaching day, couldn't tie the shoestrings of Doc Hankwitz

IMHO, the only games the 2021 Cats will be able to win, given their current state of frequent field play ineptitude and obvious delusional thinking that they are among the B1G's upper echelon of football programs, are their OOC competition. Last night was a harbinger of more pain & angst to come in the 'Cats' B1G slate of foes - even at the hands of perennial bottom feeders like the Rutigers Scarlet Blight ... er... make that Rut-grrrrzzz and Ill-Annoy. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the 'Cats went Oh-fer in the B1G. And that opinion isn't sour grapes, but is a honest assessment of the competitive profile of the current personnel of the 2021 Fighting Fitz'es. One other item that is painfully obvious... Jim O'Neil, on his best coaching day, couldn't tie the shoestrings of Doc Hankwitz
cancel Duke plans. Not wanting to go up and see a butt whipping.

Duke just lost to Charlotte last night. This isn't the Duke of the Daniel Jones years.

Next 5 games are critical for bowl eligibility: Indiana State, Duke, Ohio, Nebraska, Rutgers.

As always one game at a time, but this is a chance for us to really build on what we saw out of the offense. Defense is a lot bigger of an issue.

The offense already looks much better than our 2019 offense, there's a lot of promise there from Johnson/Kirtz/Robinson and hopefully Hull gets healthy soon.

Last edited:
From what I saw not a chance. Fire Jim O’Neill!

We will probably squeak just in or just out of bowl eligibility. The koolaid kilque will defend the coaching staff. Wasn’t JON fault, still no receiver issues, it’s the players but not really the players, it’s the karma or the luck or the stars, not the moose. PF will make no coaching changes and we will also see the last NU relevant draft.

Only difference this time is that the portal has become more relevant plus NIL. Let’s see how the next offseason works out.

Thing is, we won’t be a good team. We won’t win a bowl and we won’t go to a good bowl. 🤷‍♂️
Sure, it's unlikely that we return to a bowl anywhere near as good as last year, but going bowling is still a reasonable expectation in my opinion.

There's at least 7 or 8 winnable games on our schedule including 5 or 6 we should be favored in...

I don't see the "sky is falling" stuff yet. This doesn't look like 2019 yet. Our offense looks much better already, and there's a lot of questionable offenses in the Big Ten.

Every one of our division foes is beatable though Iowa and Wisconsin look a bit above everyone else, maybe Minnesota too but need to see more out of them.

Sure, it's unlikely that we return to a bowl anywhere near as good as last year, but going bowling is still a reasonable expectation in my opinion.

There's at least 7 or 8 winnable games on our schedule including 5 or 6 we should be favored in...

I don't see the "sky is falling" stuff yet. This doesn't look like 2019 yet. Our offense looks much better already, and there's a lot of questionable offenses in the Big Ten.

Every one of our division foes is beatable though Iowa and Wisconsin look a bit above everyone else, maybe Minnesota too but need to see more out of them.
Yeah I’m going to disagree with you on that one I know it’s just one game but Wisconsin did not look like it’s usual self only put up 10 points on the board? I’d say Iowa is definitely head and shoulders above everybody else in our division but it’s only one game the sky is not falling and yes the defense is a Major concern but I have confidence in Fitz to get them back on par hopefully.

Geez, how long have you good folks been watching the Cats? We have had many seasons where we started stinkaroo only to have a later good game where we say, “Who are these guys?”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT