ADVERTISEMENT

Does this win on national TV get us top 25 ranking?

We looked solid!
Not even the top 30. If we win our next two games, we may get pushed into the Top 25 for the two weeks leading up to the Michigan game to help with the ratings for that game. After that, each successive win pushes us further up the ladder.

Last edited:
I understand why people care, but rankings only mildly interest me. I've never worried much about what people think of me, and I've never worried much about what people think of my team.

I understand why people care, but rankings only mildly interest me. I've never worried much about what people think of me, and I've never worried much about what people think of my team.
Top 25 is a big deal in terms of team name recognition for prospective recruits.

Michigan State almost lost to Utah State. Had they not been able to pull it out I would not have been surprised to see Northwestern leap MSU. Whether that would have been enough to get into the top 25 would likely have required some additional upsets of that magnitude on Saturday. Add another week with a few upsets and we beat Duke, it is well within the realm of probability that Northwestern will be ranked sooner than later.

Honestly , I thought we looked shaky. I guess I just don;t have that much respect for Purdue yet.
This is where I am. I still remember the posts about how Nevada was definitely a bowl-bound team. Right now we know nothing other than we were able to beat Purdue at Purdue in front of a pretty good and loud crowd. Each week will tell us more. I am hoping that Brohm and Purdue are the real deal and we are a contender for the West. I will hold on to that dream unless proven otherwise on the field.

Expect Victory.
Expect a lot of nail-biting and stomach-churning on the way to victory.
Go Cats.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT