ADVERTISEMENT

doesn't seem like the 2 extra BIG games

did anything to help
Nope.

I think Indiana got screwed by St. Johns. IU beat MSU twice, SJU's best wins are against a poorer Marquette. Some are saying the expanded B1G schedule hurt IU. But IU won it first 2 and last 4 BiG games, so hard to argue that the expanded schedule was the issue. In past years, the B1G would not have played in December, so you could throw out the first 2 wins. Or you could look at their record after 18 games, and throw out their last 2 wins. Either way, the expanded schedule didn't hurt them.

OTOH, the B1G got the most bids. So maybe the expanded schedule did help with the NET in breaking ties for OSU for example.

Reactions: haywood jahblowme
North Carolina Central gets in via auto bid at Ken Pom 303

NC State at Ken Pom 33 is denied

North Carolina Central gets in via auto bid at Ken Pom 303

NC State at Ken Pom 33 is denied

Clemson was ranked even higher at 29; but they lost to NC State in that supposed "play-in" ACC tournament game that turned out to be, well, not so much of a play-in game after all...

Nope.

I think Indiana got screwed by St. Johns. IU beat MSU twice, SJU's best wins are against a poorer Marquette. Some are saying the expanded B1G schedule hurt IU. But IU won it first 2 and last 4 BiG games, so hard to argue that the expanded schedule was the issue. In past years, the B1G would not have played in December, so you could throw out the first 2 wins. Or you could look at their record after 18 games, and throw out their last 2 wins. Either way, the expanded schedule didn't hurt them.

OTOH, the B1G got the most bids. So maybe the expanded schedule did help with the NET in breaking ties for OSU for example.
I do not know how a team can be said to be screwed when they only had 8-12 BIG record, only 17 wins total and lost in the first game in BTT (so an 8-13 BIG record overall) I know that the BIG is tough but ....

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
Well, the B1G ended up with 8 teams, more than any other conference...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT