ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t Sleep on Jerry Palm

The best part of the selection show is that they put us in the first block and now all the nervous nellies can’t keep wringing their hands
I keep thinking that FINALLY the neurotic crowd will calm down, but I’m sure they’ll find some goddamn way to keep freaking out

BUT WHAT IF WE DON'T MAKE IT? Like there's a blizzard and we can't get to Brooklyn?

Reactions: olshin
Well, I'm just basing it on the current ratings, so I guess an adjustment has to be made. Maybe he can bring his scooter in to run past people.

I was away for awhile.
Did anybody really think NU wasn't "in" after we beat Minnesota that badly?
Yeah, the Minnesota game made us a 100% lock pretty much everywhere. This was never in doubt.

Even with a *ton* of upsets yesterday and bid thievery, we were safely ahead of a bunch of other teams.

Reactions: NJcatsfan
We had 2 to spare. We were #36 and #38 was in the play-in.
With the Chairman stating there were "5 bid-thieves" - does this suggest that the 'Cats could've been seeded mid 7, or at least an 8 if the major conf. tourneys went chalk?

Feels like we got the Group of Death for this tourney and we're starting off against a FF team last year for a chance to play last year's champion and perhaps this year's favorite.

Always great to be in the tournament though.
I feel like we’ve been quite lucky with our past two tourney opening round matchups, so I’m not going to complain. Even though most people think FAU was overseeded, they have great guard play and just made a huge run last year. They are a tough team and it will take one of our better games to pull it off.

If we win and play UConn, I fear a bad blowout. They are a juggernaut. But let’s get there and see what happens!

Reactions: drewjin and zeek55
With the Chairman stating there were "5 bid-thieves" - does this suggest that the 'Cats could've been seeded mid 7, or at least an 8 if the major conf. tourneys went chalk?
Doubt it, we just would've had play in games with 11 seeds and Virginia/Oregon/NC State would've been replaced with Seton Hall/Oklahoma/Indiana State

No. Bid thieves don’t hurt anyone but those who are left out. They eat from the bottom of the pool. Don’t affect anyone but maybe some positioning (if anything they help us by shoving someone above us down) above the 11 seed and maybe the 10 seed line.

As a 9 seed we were way safe. Even as the worst 9 seed we were ahead of 4 10 seeds and 4 11 play on seeds.
Not entirely true, it was close. Check the CBS bracketology special where they listed the seed #. We were #36 and only #37 and below at larges didn't have to compete in a play in; every at large above that line had to be in the play in, Case in point: #38 Boise State was the first of 4 to have to be in the play in. The other seed #'s in the play-in varied only because of where the committee seeded the automatic qualifiers in and amongst the 10's and 11's, and remember the automatic qualifiers WERE NOT required for the play in. Fortunately for us, they viewed us as a 9 and not a 10 seed.

Reactions: drewjin
Not entirely true, it was close. Check the CBS bracketology special where they listed the seed #. We were #36 and only #37 and below at larges didn't have to compete in a play in; every at large above that line had to be in the play in, Case in point: #38 Boise State was the first of 4 to have to be in the play in. The other seed #'s in the play-in varied only because of where the committee seeded the automatic qualifiers in and amongst the 10's and 11's, and remember the automatic qualifiers WERE NOT required for the play in. Fortunately for us, they viewed us as a 9 and not a 10 seed.
Well, good thing we beat Minnesota then.

Otherwise, with a 4 game losing streak, I doubt we’d have been selected.

Reactions: PurpleWhiteBoy
I also think how dominant we were in that game played a role as an "eye test" to the Committee. It showed we could still play damn good basketball without two starters.

Reactions: phatcat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT