ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t sleep on Nebraska

NUCat320

Dec 4, 2005
The Huskers might be pretty good.

Hopefully the Cats have earned their sleep in *advance* of Nebraska.

Go Cats Go!

Live look at the Nebraska team bus.

nebraska GIF

He is a real hot and cold player. I hope the OT and short turnaround make him a cold shooter tonight.
In Lincoln we basically lost him in the first possession and then, close to the last, messed up a switch and he killed the game. In between we were concentrated and aware who was on the switches.

It was Wilcher that hurt us more. Having a great season. Another guy in his 12th collegiate year.

Reactions: drewjin
Where's Cappy's write-up on the Huskers?

We are laying 6.5 points. That seems borderline nuts to me.
Their big guy (Mast) is suddenly hitting 3 pointers at a high rate.
We don't want to play against that...
Huskers are playing well overall...

To me this one is a tossup with a wide range of possible outcomes.
But the one that sticks in my head is Nebraska winning a close game.

So bet the Cats?

Reactions: DaCat
Mast seems more versatile as a 5 - in his ability to hit 3s, as well as be disruptive as a rim protector and solid rebounder while not committing many fouls. I'm concerned about Juwan Gary back in the lineup - that dude is a dynamic defender and ORebounder.

That noted - I checked out Torvik, and NEB is Jekyll and Hyde with their Home and Road splits:

Home AdjOffEff, AdjDefEff (B1G ranking): 123.4 / 4th, 95.7 / 4th
Road AdjOFfEff, AdjDeffEff (B1G ranking): 112.1 / 9th, 108.7 / 14th

I'm thinking it's the Road performance which suggests a lean towards a 'Cats win, assuming the 'Cats can keep up their home offensive AdjOffEff (133.9 /2nd)

Reactions: drewjin
Where's Cappy's write-up on the Huskers?

We are laying 6.5 points. That seems borderline nuts to me.
Their big guy (Mast) is suddenly hitting 3 pointers at a high rate.
We don't want to play against that...
Huskers are playing well overall...

To me this one is a tossup with a wide range of possible outcomes.
But the one that sticks in my head is Nebraska winning a close game.

So bet the Cats?
Yes, as I said last week Cats would crush Nebby. Home court matters and we couldn’t afford to lose and fall behind them in the pecking order.

Yes, as I said last week Cats would crush Nebby. Home court matters and we couldn’t afford to lose and fall behind them in the pecking order.
Nebraska looked slow last night. The game at Illinois must have taken something out of them.

As usual, if the spread opens about where it should and moves hard one way, thats the way the game will probably play out...

Nebraska looked slow last night. The game at Illinois must have taken something out of them.

As usual, if the spread opens about where it should and moves hard one way, thats the way the game will probably play out...
There was big time motivation factor as well. A home loss would put us behind Nebby in pretty much any future tourney selection.

Gary and Lawrence certainly did not look slow.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT