ADVERTISEMENT

Don't sleep on Brown

mikewebb68

Oct 24, 2009
I know, a bit cliche, but they're not a terrible team, about at the level of St. Peter's. Hung with Providence and have won two in a row rather easily coming in. Also have some size for an Ivy (including Travis Fuller, their leading returning rebounder from last year at 6-9 225) and are a good rebounding team overall.

Also have some scoring punch in a 6-4 frosh guard out of Nashville in Desmond Cambridge who is already average 16 ppg, as well a a quick though a bit undersized guard (6-1, 170) from my area of NJ named Brandon Anderson, who averages 19 ppg despite only shooting 26% from 3.

Without Law (presuming we rest him for BIG play even if he is cleared), I can see this being a tougher one than anticipated for us,

Good info, Mike; thanks for the scouting report. Despite having season tickets, I haven't made it out there yet (mostly due to time and date conflicts, but I really don't like the Horizon (don't "Allstate" me);), but I'm going to try and get out there for this one. Do you suppose the 11:00am tipoff on a Saturday afternoon will be more a plus or a minus as far as attendance?

I know, a bit cliche, but they're not a terrible team, about at the level of St. Peter's. Hung with Providence and have won two in a row rather easily coming in. Also have some size for an Ivy (including Travis Fuller, their leading returning rebounder from last year at 6-9 225) and are a good rebounding team overall.

Also have some scoring punch in a 6-4 frosh guard out of Nashville in Desmond Cambridge who is already average 16 ppg, as well a a quick though a bit undersized guard (6-1, 170) from my area of NJ named Brandon Anderson, who averages 19 ppg despite only shooting 26% from 3.

Without Law (presuming we rest him for BIG play even if he is cleared), I can see this being a tougher one than anticipated for us,
We will be fine. Home court advantage along with the refs in our favor and having Vic Law return all count up for a decent win.

If we lose to Brown, then it is time to start playing for the 2018/2019 year. Allstate will be even more empty and last year may have been a fluke.
On a positive note, i was concerned that my $200 might not get me in the section that i wanted to sit in next year but im feeling a bit relieved now as the donation level seems a bit high for a NIT caliber team.

Whenever we play Brown, I always think back to when we lost to them when I was at NU, and I believe it was Geno Carlisle who was quoted by The Daily as saying something like, "I can't believe we lost to a team called Brown."

If we lose to Brown, then it is time to start playing for the 2018/2019 year. Allstate will be even more empty and last year may have been a fluke.
On a positive note, i was concerned that my $200 might not get me in the section that i wanted to sit in next year but im feeling a bit relieved now as the donation level seems a bit high for a NIT caliber team.
We are going to jump all over them like gangbusters! We are gonna strangle em and make them wish they scheduled Duke rather than us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT