ADVERTISEMENT

Doug Collins 2017 Comments about recruiting...

charcat

Apr 11, 2006
In Salt Lake City in 2017 I ran into Doug Collins on the street outside the NCAA Tourney site. He was nice enough to chat a bit. He said that they were now recruiting kids would never have given Northwestern the time of day before. Now, not only are we in the mix, we are getting them to sign up.

Two straight classes of outstanding recruits who are buying into NU as a great academic and basketball opportunity. With the new recruiting momentum we have the opportunity to field a deep athletic team that compete every year. An injury here or there will no longer kill our chances for the year. The next couple of years will be fun.

Keep your tickets...

Really interesting how the bench is being transformed into a collection of long, athletic guys who can generally play 2-4 interchangeably (at least passably), and, depending on body type, can play inside. Very different from what we have seen in the past.

It works as long as we get a few players who can create shots off the dribble. Any good team has at least one or two proven guys who can do that.

Bombshell trial about the corruption of college basketball started today. An attorney for a former executive of Addidas said that a $100,000 payment on behalf of Louisville for 5-star recruit Brian Bowen was to level the playing field based on an offer from Nike U (i.e. University Oregon). The trial has finally started and a number of schools look to be implicated including Under Armor U. (i.e.Maryland). Other big time basketball schools soon to be named in the trial.

Now, posters on this board might begin to understand what it takes to get 5-star basketball recruits on a consistent basis.

Bombshell trial about the corruption of college basketball started today. An attorney for a former executive of Addidas said that a $100,000 payment on behalf of Louisville for 5-star recruit Brian Bowen was to level the playing field based on an offer from Nike U (i.e. University Oregon). The trial has finally started and a number of schools look to be implicated including Under Armor U. (i.e.Maryland). Other big time basketball schools soon to be named in the trial.

Now, posters on this board might begin to understand what it takes to get 5-star basketball recruits on a consistent basis.
We are getting excellent players! Keep it up

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT