ADVERTISEMENT

Earl Walton

ricko654321

Nov 15, 2006
I really wish I had taken live video in the stadium of the entire sequence on that Langborg ejection. I trust the Big Ten has footage of it from the RAC cams for when they evaluate what in the world happened on that play. So that they can see the interaction between the officials with Walton repeatedly calling additional conferences between the officials. Hopefully they debrief all 3 of them to try to get an accounting of that egregious mishap. Granted I was observing from afar but it certainly appeared to me that Earl Walton was the one that forced the flagrant 2 call on the rest of the crew. And then told Chris that he had “no choice” but to eject Ryan Langborg for a basketball play.

This guy needs to be ejected from referee ing Big Ten games.

Last edited:
I really wish I had taken live video in the stadium of the entire sequence on that Langborg ejection. I trust the Big Ten has footage of it from the RAC cams for when they evaluate what in the world happened on that play. So that they can see the interaction between the officials with Walton repeatedly calling additional conferences between the officials. Hopefully they debrief all 3 of them to try to get an accounting of that egregious mishap. Granted I was observing from afar but it certainly appeared to me that Earl Walton was the one that forced the flagrant 2 call on the rest of the crew. And then told Chris that he had “no choice” but to eject Ryan Langborg for a basketball play.

This guy needs to be ejected from referee ing Big Ten games.
He clearly was the ref pushing for the call. It doesn’t get called that way without his persistence. Is he the head official of the group? If not, he should have been stood up to.

I have noted very uneven ( is that the most pc word) officiating against the Cats this year. There should be repercussions for this. Hopefully we singe Indiana, Langborg is rested and ulrimately face Purdue with a crew who doesn't call a foul just because our centers breathed on him

Reactions: ricko654321
I have noted very uneven ( is that the most pc word) officiating against the Cats this year. There should be repercussions for this. Hopefully we singe Indiana, Langborg is rested and ulrimately face Purdue with a crew who doesn't call a foul just because our centers breathed on him
Any game that the officials are whistle happy is a negative for NU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT