ADVERTISEMENT

Early Wisky Line

Sorry, we're going to beat the crap out of them.

I like you enthusiasm! And one poster made me feel a bit better this week saying that BYU is really not a good team at all (because that was the one game that truly scared me about them).

Sorry, we're going to beat the crap out of them.
We certainly can. Not sure if we get McGee back for the first half of the Wisconsin game but for as long as I can remember, the Cat football program has had some really bad losses only to come back and wipe out good teams. I know the Duke loss gassed a lot of fans, but the same thing happens more years than not.

That said, we will either win by less than a touchdown or lose by 50+ Nothing in between. At any rate, thank God we have NU Basketball as something to fall back on with the Football misfiring and lack of problem solving skillsets.

Reactions: 2388bb
We certainly can. Not sure if we get McGee back for the first half of the Wisconsin game but for as long as I can remember, the Cat football program has had some really bad losses only to come back and wipe out good teams. I know the Duke loss gassed a lot of fans, but the same thing happens more years than not.

That said, we will either win by less than a touchdown or lose by 50+ Nothing in between. At any rate, thank God we have NU Basketball as something to fall back on with the Football misfiring and lack of problem solving skillsets.

McGee played the last game.

I doubt it will be 50 but I understand your hyperbole .

Agreed. I thought it would be between 14.5 and 16.5 (which is a dead zone).
I thought it was going to be 10-11 to be honest, but I'm not exactly shocked. This early in the season you are working with a small sample size, and Wiscy has looked really good while we got spanked by Duke.

I think the Cats are good value to bet this weekend though. I guess we'll see. OL and DL are about to get a serious test, we'll find out if they've licked their wounds and gotten any better since that Duke debacle.

That's a lot of points, i think Badgers will prevail but I expect a close game.
If Badgers, indeed steamroll the Cats, I think we're a lock to win the division.

Why wouldn't we? Thought the penalty for targeting was in Duke first half

If Badgers, indeed steamroll the Cats, I think we're a lock to win the division.
But you play IA at IA and PSU found out how dangerous they can be at home. Also you play Mich at the Big House. Puts you in good position but doesn;t lock things up yet.

You may be right, Larry. Looking forward to a terrific game.

But you play IA at IA and PSU found out how dangerous they can be at home. Also you play Mich at the Big House. Puts you in good position but doesn;t lock things up yet.
Sorry, we play both Iowa and Michigan at home.

Haven't seen enough in the first 3 games to think they are incorrect. Sure hope I am wrong. Bust out Riley Lees this game.
Need to take advantage of their packing the box to stop the run, and throw a lot more to every receiver. I can see us winning if our pass attack is on target and our d-line holds up its end.

Need to take advantage of their packing the box to stop the run, and throw a lot more to every receiver. I can see us winning if our pass attack is on target and our d-line holds up its end.
Badgers don't pack the box against the run and JL seems more like to play 3-8 in passing downs than blitz, at least so far.

I already give up predicting the Cats this year, no idea what to expect from the team.

Wasn't responding to you question, just my opinion on Lees as of right now.

In games I watched it appears he struggles with blocking. Although, there isn't a big sample size of plays to form that opinion on, so maybe I'm wrong. Kinda assumed that why he's not on the two-deep.

I should defer to your or someone else's opinion on this. I could be off-base. I don't breakdown the film, Just what I think I see.

I guess I stepped over the "secret weapon" point...LOL...my comment was really about why he doesn't get more snaps

Last edited:
Wasn't responding to you question, just my opinion on Lees as of right now.

In games I watched it appears he struggles with blocking. Although, there isn't a big sample size of plays to form that opinion on, so maybe I'm wrong. Kinda assumed that why he's not on the two-deep.

I should defer to your or someone else's opinion on this. I could be off-base. I don't breakdown the film, Just what I think I see.

I would rather have a wide receiver who runs fast and catches the ball. He's shown the ability to do that.

I would rather have a wide receiver who runs fast and catches the ball. He's shown the ability to do that.

Thinking about it, you are probably right. I like the idea of this team being a pass first team right now and getting the right play makers on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT