ADVERTISEMENT

End of the Prime mystique

If that’s what it is, then I really don’t think it’s such a big deal. You don’t think their students weren’t yelling things at him all night? That is just the fun part of college football. It’s not like he cursed them out.

The watch Sanders sported at the Arizona game is not any common thing or even a Rolex but a one-of-a-kind Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15500 flooded with diamonds from Jacksonville’s Saki Diamonds. Sanders has pulled this move quite a few times now, with the ASU matchup being the latest example.

It’s apparently because ASU left too much time on the clock. ASU tied the game with 50 seconds left, and then Colorado drove 50 yards on five plays to kick the game-winner.

He’s been flashing his watch all year. It’s “look how much money I have.”

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Who cares what his does? I didn’t know the Arizona State student body was considered rich kids. Pretty sure young Sanders grew up far more affluent than most of the Arizona State students.

If people want to shut him up, do something about it, like beat him. I would love for NU to have a player that did this to opposing fans.

If people want to shut him up, do something about it, like beat him. I would love for NU to have a player that did this to opposing fans.
I come down that way on postgame student section taunting and on late-game fake-draw touchdowns to cover the spread.

If you don’t want the consequences, just stop them. 😉😉

That’s actually the issue. All it does is paint a bigger target on their backs. And when things go sour, they’re going to REALLY go sour.

Shine brightly…burn out swiftly.

Congratulations to the first year coach who since December 8th has through recruiting and transfers rebuilt an unperformining squad into a national contender beating top ten programs and remaining undefeated, oh did the remaining undefeated and beating top ten programs throw not talking about Blendx prime ,no I mean the sports media's biggest secret
Jeff Brohm

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Some of you are being too hard on Coach Prime. All he has done is turnaround to programs that were dead in the water. He has attracted talent, he has attracted fans, and financial support.

Coach Prime reminds me of John Wick: his mystique is his greatest weapon, and he knows how to wield it.

I would not be shocked if Coach Prime had a suite at the hotel Continental

They definitely haven’t lived up to the hype of the first few games — they looked so good and swaggy. I do think he’s done a lot to change the culture from the only P5 school that has looked worse than us the past couple years, and recruiting will start to bear fruit.

I think we’d probably have 1-2 wins against that tough schedule. They’ve been in just about every game and have played a bunch of top 25 teams with no UTEPs or Howards in sight. You can only play the games on your schedule but worth noting.

They definitely haven’t lived up to the hype of the first few games — they looked so good and swaggy. I do think he’s done a lot to change the culture from the only P5 school that has looked worse than us the past couple years, and recruiting will start to bear fruit.

I think we’d probably have 1-2 wins against that tough schedule. They’ve been in just about every game and have played a bunch of top 25 teams with no UTEPs or Howards in sight. You can only play the games on your schedule but worth noting.
He had a definite talent edge at Jackson State. It’ll be tougher to get there in Boulder. And, as we at NU know, it’s tough to win with a constant talent deficit.

He had a definite talent edge at Jackson State. It’ll be tougher to get there in Boulder. And, as we at NU know, it’s tough to win with a constant talent deficit.
Agree. Although I think even with transfers he’s inherited a pretty bad team. Recruiting seems to be going very well. The next few seasons will tell — he isn’t going anywhere unless he starts winning.

As the season has worn on, it appears the Buffs’ best win was the one over Nebraska. TCU, ASU and CSU have all struggled, posting losing records and landing toward the bottom of their respective conferences. The collapse of TCU from last year has been pretty amazing.
And an alternative reading is that they were still a lot better than last year and their schedule hasn’t exactly been easy.

Let’s see how they perform next year with some key players heading to the NFL or to the transfer portal.
Yeah I think years 2-4 are going to be pretty interesting. It’s pretty amazing how much attention he has brought to CO overall.

Whatever that means. Either way, Braun has proven to be the better coach. Don’t think his defense allows 56 points to Washington State.
I’m not sure you can say that yet. Would we win 3 games against Colorado’s schedule? I’m not trying to harp on this because I love Braun but let’s not get carried away. He didn’t live up to the hype but going from 1-11 to where they will end up with this schedule is still impressive.

Reactions: Purple Pile Driver
I’m not sure you can say that yet. Would we win 3 games against Colorado’s schedule? I’m not trying to harp on this because I love Braun but let’s not get carried away. He didn’t live up to the hype but going from 1-11 to where they will end up with this schedule is still impressive.
Their schedule? They have 4 wins and zero of them are quality wins. They just lost to sub .500 Washington State 56-14!

Their schedule? They have 4 wins and zero of them are quality wins. They just lost to sub .500 Washington State 56-14!
How many games would we win? Not 6… maybe not even 4?

ETA: If you look at their wins and losses, Wazzu is not a bad team btw.

Last edited:
Whatever that means. Either way, Braun has proven to be the better coach. Don’t think his defense allows 56 points to Washington State.
We aren’t talking about Braun versus Sanders this year. The OP was about Sanders but naturally Braun gets injected because every NU fan is giddy about this season. You clearly don’t care for Sanders, a lot of people don’t, he is the anti-Braun. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and if folks think Sanders will suck every year they are sadly mistaken.

We aren’t talking about Braun versus Sanders this year. The OP was about Sanders but naturally Braun gets injected because every NU fan is giddy about this season. You clearly don’t care for Sanders, a lot of people don’t, he is the anti-Braun. There are more than one way to skin a cat, and if folks think Sanders will suck every year they are sadly mistaken.
Maybe not. But he’s sucked so far in FBS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT